General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Future is HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:32 PM
rothmans
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
They done made the street bob, low rider, fatbob and fatboy look, ride and sound like jap crap, why not go all in..
You didn't get the memo, there is no jap crap, pretty much everything they do is super high quality, zero crap about it, now San Francisco like most major cities in America are filling up with literal crap on the streets. HD needs to be bold and make something different that performs alongside the same ol **** they are pumping out year after year...just like US automakers who make really good stuff now that the Japanese showed them what was up.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:33 PM
LeoGast
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by oldsoldier181
This is a great move for HD. From what I recall, they still retain roughly 50% of the market share for bikes. It has been going down for the past few years, but, I think the next one closest to them was like 12%? Thats a big cushion.
But, that being said, its good to see HD FINALLY step into that market!!! Its not for me, I like my touring bikes-but, they need to attract new customer base as well. And, this will market their brand to the next wave of HD owners, and HOPEFULLY keep them in the brand, for longer. Maturing through the models, so to speak.
As a large chunk of HD money is in accessories and merch, I am curious as to see how they run the brand with this new line of bikes. T shirts? Riding apparel? Boots? Its going to be an interesting next few years!!!
Agreed. Exactly what they needed to do.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:36 PM
jz78817
Road Master
Received 287 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
Not surprised by this with no Harley or Davidson leading the company anymore. They done made the street bob, low rider, fatbob and fatboy look, ride and sound like jap crap, why not go all in. Considering the disaster known as the m8, my guess is they're hoping that the millennials and foreign markets will bail them out. Don't matter anyway, the reality is they are Hino's - Harley in name only. When Willie G. left, he took the soul of Harley Davidson with him.
oh shut the hell up and go away.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:39 PM
rhino1250
Road Warrior
Received 1,344 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by rothmans
Harley is not going to be beating anyone at anything, especially at the top level ( MotoGP) where Suzuki /Aprilia/KTM can barely hang with Honda, Yamaha and Ducati...it took years just for Ducati to make a bike that anyone besides Casey Stoner was able to win on.

Those are seriously deep waters. HD does not have that background..maybe they are hiring some people with the know how and experience, I would hope so.

They can make an electric bike, make a decent streetfighter etc, but if they really plan to build an ADV bike it better be able to hang with KTM, BMW etc or no one who is buying in that segment is going to take it seriously. That is a very big ask...in fact it probably has to be even better than the competition and priced competitively.

Just look at the Street 500 and 750, complete turds...the fit and finish is substandard, the small things like switchgear are junk compared to a similar Honda or Yamaha. No way someone looking at an FZ07 and FZ09 would buy the HD. The result is that bike has been a complete flop and am sure it will disappear in next year or so...not sure if they will end up crushing all the unsold ones or just fob em all off on the rider training courses.
no **** Sherlock that was a joke

Old 07-30-2018, 08:42 PM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,403 Likes on 2,938 Posts

I hope this isn't a bad sign... taken from Harley Davidson's website showing the new Streetfighter.

" Expanding our line of middleweight models is the first Harley-Davidson® streetfighter motorcycle that is planned for 2020. Unapologetic modern style with enough performance and agility to carve through city streets".

Hopefully not another ad campaign like the Street was introduced with. Ads of nothing but, grimy, filthy urban scene, rider all dressed in black with a badass scowl on his/her face. It pretty much failed then, and I predict it will fail again. "Performance and agility to carve through city streets"... gimme a break, a moped can do that. Besides, who want's to 'carve up' city streets? Beat 'ya to the next stoplight... What fun.

Come on Harley, you're attempting to break the mold with this bike, break the mold in your ad campaigns.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Harley-Indian
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

If you can’t beat’em might as well join’em

Old 07-30-2018, 08:50 PM
LeoGast
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley-Indian

If you can’t beat’em might as well join’em
I wonder if this spells the end of the sportster.....I think another poster mentioned that as a possibility.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,917 Likes on 17,474 Posts

Originally Posted by rothmans
Harley is not going to be beating anyone at anything, especially at the top level ( MotoGP) where Suzuki /Aprilia/KTM can barely hang with Honda, Yamaha and Ducati...it took years just for Ducati to make a bike that anyone besides Casey Stoner was able to win on.

Those are seriously deep waters. HD does not have that background..maybe they are hiring some people with the know how and experience, I would hope so.

They can make an electric bike, make a decent streetfighter etc, but if they really plan to build an ADV bike it better be able to hang with KTM, BMW etc or no one who is buying in that segment is going to take it seriously. That is a very big ask...in fact it probably has to be even better than the competition and priced competitively.

Just look at the Street 500 and 750, complete turds...the fit and finish is substandard, the small things like switchgear are junk compared to a similar Honda or Yamaha. No way someone looking at an FZ07 and FZ09 would buy the HD. The result is that bike has been a complete flop and am sure it will disappear in next year or so...not sure if they will end up crushing all the unsold ones or just fob em all off on the rider training courses.
Pretty my read on the subject, they have the right idea and direction style and model wise but also have a LONG history of half measures when it comes to the practical & mechanical side of the equation.

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (07-31-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Old Sport
Club Member

Received 1,361 Likes on 599 Posts

Doing what needs to be done... I like 'em... Street Fighter especially...

Old 07-30-2018, 09:12 PM
rothmans
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rhino1250
no **** Sherlock that was a joke
Be. More. Funny.

Quick Reply: The Future is HERE!!!!