General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New England Tour Card

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts
Default New England Tour Card

Wife and I completed the tour card journey last week of August in Maine----it consisted of visiting 22 dealers throughout New England and having the card stamped and signed by participating dealers -----we rode to the Ellington Ct dealer[TSI Harley] and turned them in last weekend----it was actually very interesting to visit some of the dealers we would otherwise never think of traveling to-----the final tally of participants usually hits 300 that complete the card,so odds of winning the new 2019 STREETGLIDE are pretty good---like I said it was fun,exciting,sometimes anxiety set in [due to traffic near Cape Cod and Warwick RI] we will definitely participate next year

https://www.heritageh-d.com/fckimages/tourcard_2018.pdf

The following users liked this post:
upStomp (09-12-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 11:07 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,494 Likes on 637 Posts

That's cool that the 2 of you had fun and enjoyed your trip! I'm originally from RI and NE is a great area. For next year maybe switch it up a bit. For example, maybe use that same amount of saddle time to visit the 22 most historic places in NE? That would be cool to do as well.

Rocker NH (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 05:36 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,183 Likes on 5,610 Posts

My wife and I did a New England tour a few years ago in the car. It was probably the best road trip I have ever been on in my life. We spent seven days just cruising the NE states. We had no agenda and made no advance hotel reservations. We drove until we got tired or hungry then we stopped. We would pick something interesting to do and just go do it.
I would love to do it again on the bike sometime but with my wife's health, it's probably never going to happen.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:55 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
My wife and I did a New England tour a few years ago in the car. It was probably the best road trip I have ever been on in my life. We spent seven days just cruising the NE states. We had no agenda and made no advance hotel reservations. We drove until we got tired or hungry then we stopped. We would pick something interesting to do and just go do it.
I would love to do it again on the bike sometime but with my wife's health, it's probably never going to happen.
That,s usually how we travel---no reservations-just go-we enjoy it that way

Sorry to hear of your wife,s health

Bubba Zanetti (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

We used to go to New England every few years. Nice riding in western MA, VT, NH, & ME. Back then the dealers were hard to find. Some were on back roads in small garage type buildings with a small H-D tin sign nailed to the front door. Big fancy buildings & T-Shirt shops didn't exist. I think the biggest dealer we found was in Lewiston, Maine and they were 1/2 mile off the main road next door to a sheet metal factory. They told me most of their business was selling & servicing H-D golf carts, which was the golf cart of choice back then.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
Sorry about your wife's health. Hopefully she's get better so you two can get a a few more rides together.

Bubba Zanetti (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 10:25 AM
cacomly
Road Master
Received 585 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Wife and I completed the tour card journey last week of August in Maine----it consisted of visiting 22 dealers throughout New England and having the card stamped and signed by participating dealers -----we rode to the Ellington Ct dealer[TSI Harley] and turned them in last weekend----it was actually very interesting to visit some of the dealers we would otherwise never think of traveling to-----the final tally of participants usually hits 300 that complete the card,so odds of winning the new 2019 STREETGLIDE are pretty good---like I said it was fun,exciting,sometimes anxiety set in [due to traffic near Cape Cod and Warwick RI] we will definitely participate next year

https://www.heritageh-d.com/fckimages/tourcard_2018.pdf
They used to do something similar in the PA/NJ area, 40 or so dealers and prizes ranged from a shirt for 5 dealers, gift cards for a certain amount, and if you visited all you won a bike. I actually won the grand prize and the first prize the last year they ran it. But instead of a bike they had changed the grand prize to a trip for two to HD museum. They covered the Iron Horse hotel, curator lead tour of the museum, and all traveling expenses to drive out and back (wife cannot ride that far due to a bad back). Tour was great and I probably could not have afforded the taxes on a new bike at the time anyway.

And for first prize I think I got a $200 give card

Rocker NH (09-13-2018)