General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Sportster Super Low with 2014 touring easy detach saddle bags

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 07:31 AM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,020 Likes on 867 Posts

Originally Posted by HDFord4x4
Trust me I am not a huge fan of how they look. There are MANY cleaner options out there (at least for the Dyna) but they fit my needs, and fell into my lap for the right budget. I know they will flow and look a lot better (still not good though) once the paint matches. If the utility of having the bags wasn't so awesome, and soo much better than the Viking bags I had previously, I would be more concerned with how they look. Someday I'll have a Touring bike, then the FXD will go back to the cruiser she should be, but for now I'll just keep putting on the miles
You've got a touring bike. To heck with everyone's "my #### is bigger than yours". I've ridden FL's for thirty years, no more. I've gone to a Roadster and a Dyna. Do what you want, don't listen to the negative nellies.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:23 PM
2014superlow883
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I don't appreciate the negative post, but thanks to the people that were helpful

Originally Posted by mrbeads
that looks retarded...get a bigger harley
Hey this is my first bike. I bought it with my own money and I'm only 13. I'm not trying to turn it into a full bagger, I just wantted some space to store stuff. After reading some of you comments I would hate to have some much hate in my life. Don't be hatin I don't make fun of your 1985 Honda rebel with Harley tins. Your just a wanna be Harley owner.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-02-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:15 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
You've got a touring bike. To heck with everyone's "my #### is bigger than yours". I've ridden FL's for thirty years, no more. I've gone to a Roadster and a Dyna. Do what you want, don't listen to the negative nellies.
What to heck is with you guys always bringing in the male anatomy ?? The OP came on this forum full of bikers and ask for honest opinions when he posted pics of his scooter. You guys that use that comparison need to grow up and contribute something worth reading. I didn't post negative comments in the OP but I am now. BTW I didn't say I didn't like OP's scooter the way it's rigged. Sometimes one can see more possibilities by listening to negative nellies.

I didn't hear anyone give you negative remarks because you rode FL's for 30 yrs. or for riding Roadster's and Dyna's....lighten up already and get your mind out of our crotch !!!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:37 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

My buddy rode a sportster with the large dresser bags and that thing was fantastic....it looked good and was faster then any big twin in the group.....

like a few others have said, it’s you bike do what you want, the only person that has to like it is YOU!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:41 PM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,020 Likes on 867 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
What to heck is with you guys always bringing in the male anatomy ?? The OP came on this forum full of bikers and ask for honest opinions when he posted pics of his scooter. You guys that use that comparison need to grow up and contribute something worth reading. I didn't post negative comments in the OP but I am now. BTW I didn't say I didn't like OP's scooter the way it's rigged. Sometimes one can see more possibilities by listening to negative nellies.

I didn't hear anyone give you negative remarks because you rode FL's for 30 yrs. or for riding Roadster's and Dyna's....lighten up already and get your mind out of our crotch !!!
You totally missed the point.