Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   MC’s in Chicago... Educate and advise me... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1254648-mcis-in-chicago-educate-and-advise-me.html)

Snakepliskken 09-23-2018 01:26 PM

MC’s in Chicago... Educate and advise me...

Looking to maybe get involved in a motorcycle club based in Chicago. I am very open. I want to hear what’s out there and what’s going on. So please educate me and advise me where or what clubs would be a start to look at... With all do respect I’ll tell you what I’m not into is religion. Other than that please share your pros and cons. Thank you all in advance for you thoughts.

OKMICK 09-23-2018 01:28 PM

Really? Don't say no one warned you.

Snakepliskken 09-23-2018 01:39 PM

I can say that as you haven’t... That’s why I’m asking. That’s a great vague statement but tell me why. Backup you comment.

OKMICK 09-23-2018 01:46 PM

I see you are fairly new to the HD Forum so perhaps you have missed the hundreds of threads about both riding and motorcycle clubs. If you are also new to riding you need to find out the difference between the two. If you are not your question is disingenuous.

SPRINGER 09-23-2018 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Snakepliskken (Post 17703989)
I can say that as you haven’t... That’s why I’m asking. That’s a great vague statement but tell me why. Backup you comment.

Originally Posted by OKMICK (Post 17704007)
I see you are fairly new to the HD Forum so perhaps you have missed the hundreds of threads about both riding and motorcycle clubs. If you are also new to riding you need to find out the difference between the two. If you are not your question is disingenuous.

I agree.

CndUltra95 09-23-2018 04:06 PM

It sounds like maybe it is HOG for you....
Rob

MiniWolf 09-23-2018 04:42 PM

Just hang out a lot at any local Burger King or Country Kitchen Buffet and you will eventually run into the HOG chapters in your area. A good ice breaker is to introduce yourself in the buffet line. Just remember that it is proper protocol to not cut in front of anyone as that could possibly get you a beatdown in the parking lot afterwords. .

Bonnie Storm 09-23-2018 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by MiniWolf (Post 17704307)
Just hang out a lot at any local Burger King or Country Kitchen Buffet and you will eventually run into the HOG chapters in your area. A good ice breaker is to introduce yourself in the buffet line. Just remember that it is proper protocol to not cut in front of anyone as that could possibly get you a beatdown in the parking lot afterwords. .

Doesn't the same apply to Southern Cruisers? There is a chapter in Chicago.

Snakepliskken 09-23-2018 05:06 PM

Ok starting to get the point guys but I like the feedback

I have been riding my whole life and I have a great group of guys that I ride with (maybe we should start a MC) but all kidding aside. No I haven’t seen the other threads on this subject as this is a great forum but the search is kind limited in the algorithms. Just wanted to inquire and hear what people have to say. I got it. I just figured it might be nice to get out there and connect and travel with people that have same interest. But like I said. I’m getting the point and it’s being heard.

TriGeezer 09-23-2018 05:11 PM

Hells Angels and the Mongols are nice to hang out with.