Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   MC’s in Chicago... Educate and advise me... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1254648-mcis-in-chicago-educate-and-advise-me.html)

TexasScooterTrash 09-23-2018 05:13 PM

Google search ABATE if ILLINOIS. Then go to the nearest Chapter's meeting. You will not regret it.

Snakepliskken 09-23-2018 05:21 PM

Laugh... But one reason I’m asking this is...

Originally Posted by TriGeezer (Post 17704344)
Hells Angels and the Mongols are nice to hang out with.

A: This is Outlaw territory
and
B: They’re trying to recruit me.

Say at what you want but this is why I was asking. I’m sure in this forum has REAL MC members and those are the ones I’d like to hear from. I’m not considering the Outlaws.

No im not.

But it it sparked my interest and I wanted to hear real stories and real comments.

So so please keep me coming.

MiniWolf 09-23-2018 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Snakepliskken (Post 17704337)
I have been riding my whole life and I have a great group of guys that I ride with (maybe we should start a MC) but all kidding aside. No I haven’t seen the other threads on this subject as this is a great forum but the search is kind limited in the algorithms. Just wanted to inquire and hear what people have to say. I got it. I just figured it might be nice to get out there and connect and travel with people that have same interest. But like I said. I’m getting the point and it’s being heard.

On a serious note, I don't belong to a club so can't help. Only thing I can offer is a question-- why? What is it that you want to get from belonging to a motorcycle club that you aren't getting now? You already indicate you have folks you ride with and you enjoy that. IMO a lot of the interest surrounding 'clubs' in general has been fueled by the popularity of Sons of Anarchy. It's like a great many folks out there just want to be part of a club because they are caught up in the glamour aspect of riding around in a club vest. In the past few years there have been a plethora of new riding clubs in my area alone. Things just sprung up out of the blue it seems. Nothing wrong with clubs. But I would just question what it is you really are looking for and hope to gain.

Snakepliskken 09-23-2018 05:26 PM

Perfect answer. Thank you.

MiniWolf 09-23-2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snakepliskken (Post 17704361)

A: This is Outlaw territory
and
B: They’re trying to recruit me.

Say at what you want but this is why I was asking. I’m sure in this forum has REAL MC members and those are the ones I’d like to hear from. I’m not considering the Outlaws.

No im not.

But it it sparked my interest and I wanted to hear real stories and real comments.

So so please keep me coming.

I dont think it is a matter of who here is a member of a real club--I assume this means 1% club. If you are being serious and not trolling(not saying you are but there are tons of trolls who pop up here) , I am not sure what it is you are expecting to get in terms of info on a public forum when you say you would like to hear from them. I dont think anybody belonging to such clubs would discuss this kind of stuff n a public forum with a stranger and I also doubt they would IM a total stranger to discuss such things. Just being realistic here.

not_so_newb 09-23-2018 06:05 PM

i suspect this is not anywhere close to a complete list

Illinois clubs

TwiZted Biker 09-23-2018 06:32 PM

Never mind ......

crusader1xxx 09-23-2018 06:33 PM

This has got to be the stupidest question I have seen on this forum....are you really thinking that anyone from a real club would come onto a public forum and discuss what happens at church? Give your head a shake....

i was a prospect for awhile and no i am not saying which club....but it is not what you think, or how tv or movies portrays it. I was lucky and was able to walk away, but once your in, your life is no longer your own....think about that.

stick with your riding buddies, you Will be much better off......

Uncle Larry 09-23-2018 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by crusader1xxx (Post 17704486)
This has got to be the stupidest question I have seen on this forum....are you really thinking that anyone from a real club would come onto a public forum and discuss what happens at church? Give your head a shake....

i was a prospect for awhile and no i am not saying which club....but it is not what you think, or how tv or movies portrays it. I was lucky and was able to walk away, but once your in, your life is no longer your own....think about that.

stick with your riding buddies, you Will be much better off......

Well maybe not the most ... but close, real close

LoneBone 09-23-2018 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Snakepliskken (Post 17703969)
Looking to maybe get involved in a motorcycle club based in Chicago. I am very open. I want to hear what’s out there and what’s going on. So please educate me and advise me where or what clubs would be a start to look at... With all do respect I’ll tell you what I’m not into is religion. Other than that please share your pros and cons. Thank you all in advance for you thoughts.

Sigh.....:icon_doh:

I haven't read the responses, so I'm sure you're talking about a riding club as opposed to an Outlaw Club.

Are you serious Poindexter? All clubs throw parties. Most have a bar you can drink at at their clubhouse. They raise money that way. If you're on the scene there, you will get an invite to a drink at their bar, or a party they throw.

If you need to be educated by goobers on the internet you've never met, then I suggest you stay away....