General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Hate it When.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I can associate with that, when i had a bad, bad wreck on my bike, i was laid up for 28 days the first time, About 3 days later my wife was driving home from visiting me, she called up crying. Said she had passed a motorcycle wreck on the way home, And, found out the next day both husband and wife were killed by a drunk driver. Doubt she'll ever forget that, now she tells me, ''be careful'' by the way, 50yrs the 28th of this month, i'm a blessed man more ways than i can describe.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:27 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,515 Likes on 804 Posts

I honestly can't imagine what it's like dealing with comments like this. The people who knew me before I was riding are way outnumbered by people who only knew me as a rider. And in any case, I never hear this stuff from anybody. And my wife rides her own for over 25 years now.

Originally Posted by TimmyPage
You should call her everytime there's a car crash on the news, ask if she's OK until she gets the message and stops.
I think I would use this one if I was being hassled with this kind of stuff.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:35 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonnie Storm

So I've got 2 hates going here.
I hate it when people hear of a female rider getting killed and they automatically think it was me. Like I'm a maniac on 2 wheels or something.
And, I hate people who call themselves my friend when the reality is, they are barely an acquaintance and mean nothing to me.
Glad it wasn't you

The following users liked this post:
Bonnie Storm (09-27-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 10:38 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,916 Likes on 17,473 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
Every time there a wreck involving a motorcycle near my home, my wife and mother-in-law assume the worst.

Last night, my wife came home crying because she drove by the scene of an accident, fearful it was me laying in the road. Too many emergency vehicles for her to get close enough. But, when she came in the door crying, I was there, watching "Forged in Fire"

I guess it goes with the territory, along with all your well-meaning relatives reminding you how dangerous it is whenever the subject comes up.

So how many of you guys have loved ones who react the same way when they hear of an accident?
Never had the wife problem but in my youth dear old mom certainly had issues with me riding, found out a few years after she passed my loving mother also had carried 3 life insurance policies on me for years after I left home.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:49 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 216 Posts

Had a co-worker that would frequently ask "Did you hear about that motorcycle accident last night ...." drove me nuts and I even asked him why he's doing it and to stop because I don't care. But he kept on doing it.

After announcing that he was a proud grandfather, I started to ask him on frequent basis... "Did you hear about that baby last night that....". We came to an understanding very shortly afterwards.

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 09-27-2018 at 02:51 AM.
Sarah93003 (09-27-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 03:38 AM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

When I was a teenager, my mom used to drive herself nuts with stuff like that. After more than 2 decades on 2 wheels, 2 wrecks, 2 wives, 2 kids, hell 2 wars, they’ve either figured out that I’m not going to change or that I’m too stubborn to die but either way, I never hear a peep anymore.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:29 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

"I Hate it When....."

The news source always feels they have to report on whether or not the rider was wearing a helmet. What difference does it make?

Old 09-27-2018, 06:52 AM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I thought this thread was gonna be like: " I hate it when you feel like you wanna pass some gas and you do, but you pass something else along with it " myself.
Met a fellow rider one summer through a group of buddies.
20 or so of us went on a ride and I turned off half way having to work the next morning.
When they came back Dave was going back home the following Tuesday.
Meeting with another from the group who would store the bike for 2 weeks till his stint in camp was over.
On the way to the shed he never made it, but the guys waiting for him heard a bunch of sirens and Dave was now 20 minutes late for his ride to the airport.
Someone passing by recognized the bike and seen someone under a blanket.........
It happens, but the drama isnt needed by the ladies.
RIP Dave and till we meet/Ride again.
Rob

Old 09-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Worrying about what other people are worrying about...I'm not worried.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,183 Likes on 5,610 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanjuro
"I hate it when..." People use click-bait titles instead of just saying what the thread is about.
He hooked your sucker *** into replying.

Mike Lawless (09-27-2018)

Quick Reply: I Hate it When.....