General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys and biker culture..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:53 AM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

[quote=OKMICK;17720216]
Originally Posted by Mozvader

It's about Harleys and culture. You know, what bike to ride to the opera, do I extend my pinky when sipping a beer, are my tattoos spelled properly and grammatically correct. Very heady stuff.
How do I stop my chest hairs blowing in the wind; what do I do when my nipples get hard enough to cut glass; "Ow, my beard gets caught in the chain, what do I do?".

Does this tat of "Gary loves Jeff" make me look gay; when I wear my ****-less chaps, my anus sticks to the seat, what can i do?

Does this huge black ***** make me look gay?

Old 09-30-2018, 08:03 AM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 44,468 Likes on 16,309 Posts

What's the proper etiquette for reeving the **** out of my bike to bring attention that I have a Harley? Is it bad form to be sober and do it when you leave the bar? is it wrong to be in a group and do it first when not in the lead? Do you do it every stop/start or do you go every other stop/start? If you don't set off car alarms or make babies cry are you lame for quiet pipes?

Last edited by Walter White; 09-30-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:20 AM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,828 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Been wearing these since the early 90's, job freebie I started wearing when my old leather took legs and disappeared. Most practical coat I've ever owned. Buddy went down in one, never tore through the inner lining Throw a sweatshirt under it's good to colder than you want to ride in.
https://shop.aramarkuniform.com/s-ca...assort=catalog

Wow! Youse guys threw down the gauntlet and TwitZted Biker delivered. That looks warm and look how cheap it is w/o an HD logo stitched on it.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:20 AM
tomcatg
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
In general, I think those that are overly worried about this kind of stuff don't stick around riding for long. And it doesn't have anything to do with this 'biker or not argument.' It's that this type of individual is more concerned with image than anything else and their motivation for getting into riding to begin with probably has less to do with really wanting to ride a motorcycle than it does using it to fill some psychological gap that is causing discomfort in their life and they desire to project some type of image to the world. I don't mean this in an overly negative way or as condescending. But this person will quickly become bored with riding and realize it is not cheap to maintain a motorcycle, especially a Harley. Add that to the likely outcome of the lifestyle experiment which is probably a quick realization that they don't really fit in with the crowd they are trying to emulate and/or they don't like the crowd they are trying to emulate and they had it all wrong. The end result is one of those Street Glides with only ~500 miles sitting on the used showroom floor down at the dealer, along with other lightly used bikes of recent vintage that are always hitting the floor. Other possibility is they end up wrecking trying to impress people and a short-lived riding career ends that way. Either way, if you are really overly concerned with this kind of stuff, clothing, jackets etc....I would reconsider why you decided to ride a motorcycle in the first place. Interesting to discuss this stuff I guess and can be fun to joke around about but if you got into riding to get accolades from others or take on some image, you are likely going to fail in whatever pursuit you are chasing. Regardless of what you do, buy, or who you meet, you are still the same person you were before you purchased a motorcycle. But this is all just my two cents.
^ This exactly!
Funny I was riding yesterday and passed one of the nearby dealerships and there was some kind of event going on..bikes everywhere..like a mini sturgis lol.

Anyhow I ended up beside a rather heavyset guy at a stoplight with all his pirate gear on. I looked over and threw up my hand and he looked at me and looked away..I chuckled and thought "whatever" and went on my way. An hour or so later on a country two lane 55 mph road, I pulled out behind two guys on bikes both harleys and the guy in front of me was riding in bib-overalls. After about 5 miles or so I saw him through up his hand and point to the road..as I approached I saw a bag of trash that had apparently fell out of someones truck that he was warning me about. again like Miniwolf mentioned kind of interesting..

Old 09-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by Oko
Wow! Youse guys threw down the gauntlet and TwitZted Biker delivered. That looks warm and look how cheap it is w/o an HD logo stitched on it.
And you have the option to add an embroidery. Could probably have a bar and shield put on the chest for a few bucks more.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:16 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,899 Likes on 17,470 Posts

Originally Posted by Redoilokie
And you have the option to add an embroidery. Could probably have a bar and shield put on the chest for a few bucks more.
Yup buddy did just that with his. Since I started wearing these a number of friends have gone over to them including some wives, can't beat inexpensive practical gear.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:55 AM
wolverinehusky
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,185 Likes on 2,254 Posts

I just picked up this fabulous Louis Vuitton helmet.

Lolz.

At a rally I went to recently guy had Louis Vuitton seat and cover fairing. Also had his bike set up so he could "drop" the back wheel like some low rider from LA with switches. And yes of course he was blasting his music.

But different strokes for different folks. Not my cup of tea but I guess it makes him happy so can't really hate on him.

The following users liked this post:
Mozvader (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,184 Likes on 849 Posts

Louis Vuitton is so last month.
I just picked up this fabulous summer ensemble

Old 09-30-2018, 04:30 PM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts