General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest 2018, Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 04:18 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I MIGHT go, but I dunno...Bike week was a rap infested ghetto; swore never again, But...hafta see what mood I'm in, & whether or not the GF feels like going.
Come on over Dickey, it'll be good to see you and we can make fun of the big wheel baggers with loud stereos

Old 10-02-2018, 07:15 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,933 Likes on 8,435 Posts

Is this another; Duck walk your bike through town, collect traffic tickets, stand in long lines, eat crappy food, get rained on, pay excessive motel rates, have someone steal your bags bike event?

The following 3 users liked this post by EasternSP:
Campy Roadie (10-02-2018), Hey Man (10-20-2018), Navyvette (11-03-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 10:02 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I MIGHT go, but I dunno...Bike week was a rap infested ghetto; swore never again, But...hafta see what mood I'm in, & whether or not the GF feels like going.
Dickey, I'm gonna wear my grill just for you!

The following 3 users liked this post by From_Behind:
Bestrafen (10-02-2018), Campy Roadie (10-02-2018), FastHarley (10-11-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,341 Likes on 3,310 Posts

Headed to Panama City Beach Fall Rally instead.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 PM
FatboysFatboy96
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32,874 Likes on 7,720 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
Headed to Panama City Beach Fall Rally instead.
Cool see ya there.
I’m going to make Biketober fest on Friday because I have to be in Deltona on Saturday for my brothers third wedding.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:08 PM
tpitman
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm going. Taking the Sportster once and the Low Rider a second time. I avoided Main Street for years because it pretty much sucks. Iron Horse and the Beaver Bar in Ormond, and the Cabbage Patch in sunny Samsula. Might take in the vintage race at the New Smyrna Speedway on Friday afternoon, then wash the dust down at the Foxhead in Osteen.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

I'll probably get out of town Thursday - Saturday, then come back to see The Razorbacks last show at The Bank & Blues on Sunday afternoon.
The Daytona biker events are getting old. Its obvious the town fathers don't want bikers in town. Hell, they won't even make Main St "Motorcycles Only".

Old 10-03-2018, 06:04 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

In 21 years of two events per year (save for one missed Biketoberfest) I've never had anything stolen.

I do Main Street once, quickly - early in the day and early in the week, or event in the case of Biketoberfest.

I agree that the local government doesn't want us or the event. Look at what they did to Miller's Parts ... put them right out of business! It's a Kittle's locksmith place now. Look at what they did to the park on Beach Street ... it'll be completely gone now but the feud about using it is why we have Destination Daytona today. Daytona and Holly Hill certainly have their share of druggies, crack heads and homeless - it's a shame.

All that being said, I still look forward to Daytona twice a year. The Iron Horse, Beaver Bar, Cabbage Patch, Foxhead, Smiley's Tap (love the Smiley Burgers!), Rat Bike Show at Will's Tropical, Last Chance Saloon, A1A to St. Augustine, Tomoka State Park, The Loop, Ocala Forrest, Gator Joe's out in Oclawaha ... you can make Bike Week and Biketoberfest anything you want except for mountains and Tail of the Dragon type roads. To those who like main Street, enjoy ... but gettin' out of town for some fresh wind in your face should me part of the experience.

Last edited by Jehu; 10-03-2018 at 06:05 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jehu:
Cosmic Razorback (10-04-2018), crackerbiker (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 04:42 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I'll decide a few days before, depends on the weather, hotels are easy enough to get last minute

Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 520 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Jehu
In 21 years of two events per year (save for one missed Biketoberfest) I've never had anything stolen.

I do Main Street once, quickly - early in the day and early in the week, or event in the case of Biketoberfest.

I agree that the local government doesn't want us or the event. Look at what they did to Miller's Parts ... put them right out of business! It's a Kittle's locksmith place now. Look at what they did to the park on Beach Street ... it'll be completely gone now but the feud about using it is why we have Destination Daytona today. Daytona and Holly Hill certainly have their share of druggies, crack heads and homeless - it's a shame.

All that being said, I still look forward to Daytona twice a year. The Iron Horse, Beaver Bar, Cabbage Patch, Foxhead, Smiley's Tap (love the Smiley Burgers!), Rat Bike Show at Will's Tropical, Last Chance Saloon, A1A to St. Augustine, Tomoka State Park, The Loop, Ocala Forrest, Gator Joe's out in Oclawaha ... you can make Bike Week and Biketoberfest anything you want except for mountains and Tail of the Dragon type roads. To those who like main Street, enjoy ... but gettin' out of town for some fresh wind in your face should me part of the experience.
It's way past getting old though, the same ole same ole, it's bereft of life.

Why don't they create something good that draws people in that you DON'T have to spend bucks to attend? but they won't...

It's just one big selling fest, nothing more.

Last edited by Dispatch; 10-03-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest 2018, Who's Going?