General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passed on an off-ramp today

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 07:14 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,307 Likes on 2,356 Posts

That's when a valve core tool comes in handy. Just pull the valve core out and let them lay.

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (10-06-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 07:19 PM
blackxpress
Road Master
Received 492 Likes on 241 Posts

Good choice to avoid confrontation. I doubt the driver was distracted. He knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe he really did have a real emergency. I’m not defending him, mind you. He put your safety in serious jeopardy. He should have flashed his brights, sounded his horn and made sure you saw him before making that move. If somebody did that to me I would gladly move over and let him by.

The following 2 users liked this post by blackxpress:
Campy Roadie (10-06-2018), ve9aa (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 07:25 PM
ve9aa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by blackxpress
Good choice to avoid confrontation. I doubt the driver was distracted. He knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe he really did have a real emergency. I’m not defending him, mind you. He put your safety in serious jeopardy. He should have flashed his brights, sounded his horn and made sure you saw him before making that move. If somebody did that to me I would gladly move over and let him by.
Absolutely dude. I am the first one to always pull over if I see a need. I am very aware, but not sure how I could ever avoid getting rear-ended/sideswiped in this particular situation on a downhill, S-shaped , slow speed , single lane off ramp. I'd have to be psychic.

"Out of nowhere" pretty much described it. Wasn't til I saw a right fender going by my left mirror that I knew what was up.

Just struck me funny, that's all.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,385 Likes on 2,951 Posts

While being scared usually results in anger, this situation may require cooler heads to prevail.

Campy Roadie (10-06-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Bearpaw Mearle
Road Captain
Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ve9aa
Absolutely dude. I am the first one to always pull over if I see a need. I am very aware, but not sure how I could ever avoid getting rear-ended/sideswiped in this particular situation on a downhill, S-shaped , slow speed , single lane off ramp. I'd have to be psychic.

"Out of nowhere" pretty much described it. Wasn't til I saw a right fender going by my left mirror that I knew what was up.

Just struck me funny, that's all.
Struck me as dangerous. I think you said it best, people just don't GAF.

ve9aa (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:15 PM
ve9aa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
While being scared usually results in anger, this situation may require cooler heads to prevail.
YEah, by the time I had ridden a minute or so and was pulling into the hospital parking lot a ways back, behind them I just thought it wasn't worth it and
it would accomplish nothing if confronted. What could a mad guy in leathers teach a "whoever" about their **** poor driving?

I let it go, really enjoyed my 3 hours in the saddle (total) today and had good time behind the bars otherwise. Even took some nice pix well before this 'incident' which I posted in another thread.

Ride safe fellas....you never know. . .

Old 10-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,163 Likes on 6,216 Posts

I almost ran over a couple on a blacked out Dyna Street Bob about an hour ago. The bike had some apes that were very narrow and I thought they were t bars at first.

Five lane main road. Two lanes each direction and a turning lane.

I am in the outside lane. The bike is coming towards me on the inside lane. He then turns from that lane and slows to a crawl while he is sideways in the road. I know he wanted to go slow not to get bumped too hard entering a driveway, but damn, This happened right in front of. I braked so hard I thought I was going to invert the steering wheel on my Jeep. I have JW Speaker LED headlights on my Jeep, it is impossible not to see me. I hit the horn. When his girlfriend heard the horn she let go of him and grabbed her own ***, a cheek in each hand.

They were both wearing full face helmet. I have seen that guy around town before. He usually wears a Bayou Demons vest but I have seen him wearing t-shirts from other clubs. He wears his pants three quarters down his *** with the crotch at knee level. Lots of bandannas tied on his pants etc.

Just because you are on a bike doesn't mean you are always right.

Sorry for the hijack, but that **** pissed me off. The guy did like he didn't even notice anything.

Oh yeah, his girlfriend did have a nice ***, as I focused on that while trying to figure out why would she grab her *** instead of staying holding onto the rider or the bike.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:53 PM
b bop n bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,909 Likes on 1,074 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rhpaw
shoulda stabbed them...no better place.
that!

Old 10-05-2018, 10:00 PM
M8USA
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by ve9aa
YEah, by the time I had ridden a minute or so and was pulling into the hospital parking lot a ways back, behind them I just thought it wasn't worth it and
it would accomplish nothing if confronted. What could a mad guy in leathers teach a "whoever" about their **** poor driving?

I let it go, really enjoyed my 3 hours in the saddle (total) today and had good time behind the bars otherwise. Even took some nice pix well before this 'incident' which I posted in another thread.

Ride safe fellas....you never know. . .
Thats why I have an inexpensive $50 Akaso camera mounted to the front of my fairing, What if you hit him as he is passing and says its your fault.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:41 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
That's when a valve core tool comes in handy. Just pull the valve core out and let them lay.
What a cowardly thing to do. It's stupid too because it's a criminal act whereas confronting the driver, in a non violent way, isn't.

Last edited by RK4ME; 10-06-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Passed on an off-ramp today