General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Celly drivers vs. road rage

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Bend Iron
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh, and Bonnie Storm, you comment says "the last three times you have been hit" implies there are more. One was life threatening, and you "let it go"? Damn, you are stronger than I will ever be.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Bend Iron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bricklayer
I believe a lot of women think they can flip off a guy and cuss him out with no repercussions just because they're a woman. Although I don't agree with following her around ( for almost 45 min really? ) Maybe you taught her a little lesson and she'll think twice before she flips off anyone else.
It`s central Oregon! Was a nice day and she took a sweet route. It wasn`t torture...lol.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:40 PM
Bob Blehead
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonnie Storm
Really? You wasted over an hour basically harassing some lady because she ALMOST hit you?

She probably never even realized what she had done, but now your hot on her tail and sit in front of her place (in a threatening manor) yet you think this isn't a form of road rage? I may be wrong here, but charges like "Harassment" & "Stalking come to mind.

These things happen every day (almost hit you due to her inattentive driving) but it is up to us to be aware and try to avoid those drivers. In many states there are laws on the books against the use of cell phones, but are generally looked on as a secondary offense which means they need to be stopped for something else first. Some states have made it into a primary offense which is fine, but it's rare that it is ever enforced. So it's up to us to pay even more attention in order to avoid those inattentive drivers.

Since there is nothing you or I can do about these inattentive drivers, our best bet it just to let it go. Don't let it get under your skin! Eventually somewhere down the road a mayors/senators/presidents son/relative/close friend will be seriously injured or killed by one of these idiots on their ever precious cell phones and then the laws will be enforced with a vengeance. Until then just suck it up and keep a vigilant eye out in order to avoid those who choose to drive while playing on their cell phones or other electronic devices.

BTW, the last 3 incidents where I've been hit were all using their cell phones. The last incident nearly took cost me my life! Those injuries cost me dearly and some of those injuries have been constant reminders of what happened. The incident that just keeps on giving long after the initial date it happened. Years after! But, I am still riding!
Gee.
Thanks for the life lesson, mom..............

The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Blehead:
Haarley (10-10-2018), piper59 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 05:40 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,175 Likes on 11,108 Posts

Bend, that was the wrong way to confront a cell user. You were close to looking at a stalking charge if she called the popo on you. Almost crash? I think most of us have those every day.
BTW, if'n I had the power, I would deal with the cell phone problem thusly..
In California and Nevada, (probably others) there is a phone number you can call to report smoking vehicles. Supposedly those people seen driving a polluting vehicle are mailed a warning notice by DMV. Why not open up that snitch line to include cell users? Write down their license number and when you aren't driving, log on to the website or call to report your observation.
Perhaps a nasty letter from the state will open up their eyes?
http://www.smogspotter.com/
and
http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/complaints/smoke.htm

Last edited by upflying; 10-09-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:50 PM
ve9aa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 399 Posts

Check out my very recent thread "Passed on an off ramp today" HERE..........sorta the same situation, but in the end I let it go.

Not sure what that says about me. I generally like to think I am of average intelligence./emotional fortitude.

I do VERY MUCH relate to your opinion.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,165 Likes on 6,216 Posts

You really taught her a lesson huh Billy Bad ***. Now you have internet bragging rights.

The following users liked this post:
J_MOSH (10-10-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Bend Iron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Prot
You really taught her a lesson huh Billy Bad ***. Now you have internet bragging rights.
AHHH, Louisiana! That explains the intellegence of the post. Thanks a bunch. Now if you CAN read, try it again and this time see if you can find the MEANING.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:59 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

I am still curious about what the layman said? And FWIW I hope that is one idiot you put the fear of God in, enough so that maybe she will change her ways. Not my job to judge you nor anyone else here.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:06 PM
Bend Iron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by upflying
Bend, that was the wrong way to confront a cell user. You were close to looking at a stalking charge if she called the popo on you. Almost crash? I think most of us have those every day.
BTW, if'n I had the power, I would deal with the cell phone problem thusly..
In California and Nevada, (probably others) there is a phone number you can call to report smoking vehicles. Supposedly those people seen driving a polluting vehicle are mailed a warning notice by DMV. Why not open up that snitch line to include cell users? Write down their license number and when you aren't driving, log on to the website or call to report your observation.
Perhaps a nasty letter from the state will open up their eyes?
http://www.smogspotter.com/
and
http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/complaints/smoke.htm
I like it! When I called the PD, I fessed up and the officer said that you cannot make actionable threats(usually verbal, but the thumb finger pistol thing is another). Harrassing must involve multiple incindents or something much more serious than parking in front of the house. SHE (yes a woman officer) then scolded me hard. Not so much for what I did, but that I risked MY safety and it was just stupid. I can live with that. I will bet money that this woman at least THINKS before she does it again. If that saves one life then rail me all you want. Really? Been hit three times??? Get off the bike!

Old 10-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,165 Likes on 6,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Bend Iron
AHHH, Louisiana! That explains the intellegence of the post. Thanks a bunch. Now if you CAN read, try it again and this time see if you can find the MEANING.
Get a life. It is obviously lacking giving the time you spent following this woman home and revving your bike in a residential area.

The following 3 users liked this post by Prot:
Bonnie Storm (10-10-2018), hdbob2006 (10-10-2018), J_MOSH (10-10-2018)

Quick Reply: Celly drivers vs. road rage