General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson's CEO Just Made A Recovery That Much Harder..

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 520 Likes on 268 Posts
Post Harley-Davidson's CEO Just Made A Recovery That Much Harder..

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/h...111900507.html

Old 10-12-2018, 01:03 PM
CobraRacer
Cruiser
Received 104 Likes on 40 Posts

I have said on this forum for a year that fellow Harley Davidson riders, dealerships and stock holders don't have to look any further than the business practices and history of the Sears/Kmart loser, liar and con-artist CEO to see where the Harley Davidson company is headed with their loser, liar and con-artist CEO.

The following users liked this post:
Jack Ryan (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Sierra Nate
Road Master
Received 642 Likes on 260 Posts

I didn't even realize Harley was supposed to be made in America until I started reading HDForums. I mean, I guess in the back of my head I kinda knew it was an American company, but did not think of it as a make it or break it strategy. I've always wanted a Harley because of the image of the community and I recall some non-americas riders in that community. "Made in America" was never a part of the value for me.

I wonder, if we took a pole, how the numbers would pan out. Am I really in the minority here?

cacomly (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 PM
BelchFire
Received 5,156 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Unlike Nate, the main reason I wanted a Harley was because it makes me feel "very American". This will fare poorly with the populous. Let's hope their bet on turning to millennials pans out (no pun intended) because the faithful will wander away or keep their older "American Harleys" longer.

Jack Ryan (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:13 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,668 Likes on 1,669 Posts
Default Harley CEO

Suggestion for HD, get a new CEO. Put a Davidson back at the head for the company. Until we get someone pro American back as CEO of the company,my last Harley is in my garage.We have three in our family with no intention of buying another until the focus is back on America. BMW is made in Germany, maybe it's time to switch brands.

Jack Ryan (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Way to go Matt. Spoken like a true liberal anti-America dung funnel. Where is this douche nozzle from? In Californica or Seattle? Bet he likes that American made money that shows up in his direct deposit though.

The following 4 users liked this post by Hey Man:
Cowboy Rob (10-17-2018), hvacgaspiping (10-17-2018), s-glide76 (10-12-2018), Walter White (10-13-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Grouser62
Road Captain
Received 526 Likes on 250 Posts

Honda sells 15-20 million motorcycles a year. No kidding, look it up. Harley sells what 300,000? They step away from their core customer to try and get a piece of the Honda pie, and are liable to step into a deep hole. Focus on what you are good at, and that is not being all things to all people.

AJSHOVEL (10-16-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Joe from So Cal
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SoGA
Unlike Nate, the main reason I wanted a Harley was because it makes me feel "very American". This will fare poorly with the populous. Let's hope their bet on turning to millennials pans out (no pun intended) because the faithful will wander away or keep their older "American Harleys" longer.
Exactly. Unlike Nate I too buy HD because it is uniquely American.

Anyone who who has traveled abroad knows there is a mystique about the USA. I am proud of it and embrace it.

If the current CEO at HD doesn’t realize this he needs to GTFO.

Campy Roadie (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:29 PM
M8USA
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by SoGA
Get over it, the world is changing. Older Americans will keep their Harleys longer because they are old and on their downhill stretch.

The following 2 users liked this post by M8USA:
lh4x4 (10-12-2018), Viaqua (11-03-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:42 PM
CobraRacer
Cruiser
Received 104 Likes on 40 Posts

Just remember a CEO is like any other General Manager of any business (except they make a hell of a lot more money) where you have been hired to increase sales (and/or halt the sales decline), lower cost's and bring in "the right people" in other divisions and/or departments. If you do not make improvements or things get worse you lose your job.

A con-artist CEO either does not know how to or doesn't care about making improvements or stopping the sales decline, they just have to do a con job where it appears that they are trying and/or someone or something else is at fault if they can't do what they have promised. The reason is the longer that they stay in power the longer they bring in the fame and fortune a large corporation CEO gets.

If anyone thinks that this CEO cares about the Harley Davidson company, customers and the employees of the company,dealerships and factories is hitting the crack/meth pipe to hard.

gtirhd (10-17-2018)

Quick Reply: Harley-Davidson's CEO Just Made A Recovery That Much Harder..