General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phat performance ripped me off

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I had a girlfriend once who wouldn't put out after a month ... I wrote he number on the bathroom wall at the corner gas station ... I wonder how she's doing ? :>)
I heard her performance was phat.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:25 PM
beardogg
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More details.

I ordered Trask mist free events, according to their website they were in stock. I paid with PayPal they took my money right away but I never heard anything from them. I have called them I have emailed them I have now contacted PayPal to get my money. Just wanted to give others a heads up.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (10-18-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 10:48 PM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

I've ordered numerous times from them a few years back with no problems,but it's been a while since.That being said,whats up with JP Cycles?..they get their **** back together yet?

tar_snake (10-18-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 11:06 PM
99Birdman
Extreme HDF Member

Received 27,702 Likes on 9,179 Posts

Originally Posted by beardogg
I ordered Trask mist free events, according to their website they were in stock. I paid with PayPal they took my money right away but I never heard anything from them. I have called them I have emailed them I have now contacted PayPal to get my money. Just wanted to give others a heads up.
Pretty much the same experience I had Dishonesty about availabilty, terrible communication, and lack of concern.

tar_snake (10-18-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 11:36 PM
dustinn3
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered a set of bars from them this August before checking the reviews. The price was almost too good to be true, but I took a chance. They showed in stock and shipping same day, but after 3 days I hadn't recieved a shipping notification I called and talked to a rude guy that said I had to contact the owner. The owner gave me the same song and dance that they were hung up at the distributor. After reading the reviews, I decided to just cancel the order since they lied about having them in stock and I figured it would be months. I sent a request to cancel to paypal since they had already charged me and I read they were just as slow to refund. Low and behold, I immediately got a response that they would be on my doorstep in a few days and they were.

I wouldn't do business with them again, but I did get a bargain. Just a PIA to deal with.

tar_snake (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 08:28 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,183 Likes on 5,610 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Michigan
She's doing everyone. I bought her a Bud light and a bag of chips.
You got ripped off just like the OP. All I had to give her was a bag of pork rinds and a Marlboro.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:47 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,654 Likes on 6,678 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy454
I've ordered numerous times from them a few years back with no problems,but it's been a while since.That being said,whats up with JP Cycles?..they get their **** back together yet?
J&P have it together again. Parts are in stock & shipping is fast.

tar_snake (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy C
J&P have it together again. Parts are in stock & shipping is fast.
I live within a few miles of their Daytona location and have bought quite a bit from them, but usually in person.
A week ago I was in their store and ordered a new pair of wheels, they assured me I would have them in three days as they didn't have them in stock at this location. One wheel and tire show up in three days. I called and asked about the other wheel and they then tell me it will be shipped out at the end of NOVEMBER! Well, that **** ain't gonna fly, so I took the other wheel back to them and had them cancel the other wheel and to give me a refund.

Now I'm told I can't get a refund on the un-shipped wheel, as it is in transport, and I would have to wait until I received the wheel and returned it for a refund. I'm like, how could it be in transport and it's gonna take till the end of November to get it. Hell, I could put it in a backpack and walk from New York to Florida with it in that time. They reluctantly refunded my money after that.

Last edited by Bestrafen; 10-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.
tar_snake (10-18-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 03:32 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Phat Performance has been having money issues for some time. This shouldn't have been a surprise.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:37 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I had a girlfriend once who wouldn't put out after a month ... I wrote he number on the bathroom wall at the corner gas station ... I wonder how she's doing ? :>)
I literally just laughed out loud in a meeting reading this one (that's what I get for being bored in this meeting I guess.....)

Uncle Larry (10-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Phat performance ripped me off