General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley experience at BMW during Biketoberfest.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 02:06 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,183 Likes on 2,453 Posts

you're just assuming that she wanted you to move because you were on pos Harleys. you didn't ask, and she didn't say so you don't really know why she wanted you to move. it's all speculation at this point. but the fact is, you were parked where, for whatever reason, they didn't want you to. so they asked you to move. simple. not a major deal. everyone is so quick to imagine some offense.

yeah, but she did let you stay until the rain let up, yes? it could have been worse.

The following users liked this post:
Redbeard (11-13-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Did you lay down a burnout on your way out or did you show your RUB status by slowly pulling away like a scorned dog dragging your feet for a 1/4 mile?

Hehehehe.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:22 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I was gonna park under that tent at the BMW dealership where they had all the displays and demo riding paperwork but the cones across the mouth of the parking lot and the sign that said "Do Not Enter" were in the way. I wandered around there looking like a homeless person as I'd been on the road a while. They were friendly to me and I had to turn down the chance to ride "anything they had" several times. All while drinking their bottled water from the fridge inside

If I looked at me, I'd think "That dude can't afford to buy the steam off a free hotdog".

nevada72 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 02:33 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,876 Likes on 8,236 Posts

Why didn't you guys beat the **** out of them, push the bikes over and set the tent on fire? That would have showed them!!

The following 6 users liked this post by JW1200:
04ctd (10-29-2018), Hannibal Smith (11-08-2018), Jehu (10-30-2018), nytryder (10-30-2018), Tony P (10-31-2018), Walter White (10-31-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-29-2018, 02:35 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,891 Likes on 8,425 Posts

Nobody could be that rude. I would have stabbed her then gone into the managers office and arm swept his desk. Then I would go back out and tear the tent down. Screw em. Everybody gets soaked.

Jehu (10-30-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 04:15 PM
Cogswell
Road Captain
Received 261 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Jehu
My buddy rode his new EG up from Stuart to meet me in Daytona the Friday of Biketoberfest.
We met at the hotel where I was staying on A1A north of Main Street. Weather was threatening rain for the morning; it was overcast. In order to show him around, I figured we would walk Main Street, get that out of the way, run down Beach Street to International Speedway, go to the track and then the Cabbage Patch, Foxhead, etc. [Insert music] looking for adventure ... and whatever comes our way. LOL

After a stroll up/down Main Street where the early hour and the weather kept the crowds away and parking spots plentiful, then we saddle up to a light but steady drizzle which started just about as we got seated. We debate rain gear and decide to make that decision after checking out Beach Street. For those who do not know the geography, that's only about a mile or so away on the other side of the Halifax River. We don't even get to the Main Street Bridge and the skies opened up - it poured!

We cross the bridge in a heavy downpour and pull into the parking lot in front of the tent set up in front of the BMW dealership, dismount and duck under the edge of the tent to wait out the downpour. There were a few others there in corporate attire and/or BMW riding regalia. The tent was probably at least 20 X 50' if not bigger and we were at the very first three feet of it. I was looking at Foreflight RADAR on my phone and was just about to comment to my buddy that we should be good to go in about 5 to 10 minutes when BMW Lady in her BMW shirt says to us, "You have to move your bikes."

They had BMW motorcycles lined up for test rides in the tent and also had additional BMWs on display under the tent. Our bikes were blocking nothing and certainly not in the way. Given the early hour and the weather that day, there were very few there and our parking spots close to the tent were such that if entering the tent you would walk past them and see that they were Harleys. If I were a BMW staff member - I would see that as a good optic ... Harley guys there to check out BMWs, but that was apparently lost upon BMW lady who looked at us two, the only two without BMW riding regalia on as, eyed down the ridge her nose, we were viewed unapprovingly.

I asked her if we could leave in five minutes and she said "fine" and walked away. None of the other staff folk or motorcyclists approached us, said a word to us, or seemed the least bit bothered (or enamored) by our presence. My buddy and I each could have purchased any new model they had on display that morning for cash - we were on Harleys, me on a lowly Sportster, and were wearing garb clearly beneath suitability for such sophisticated machines as BMWs - especially given the weather (alright, so maybe I'll give her that one) but we did't touch or go near any of the bikes, didn't seek any of their coffee or anything else, but for perhaps nine square feet of cover for five minutes.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda; if only their tent were there at the time!
They probably received the same treatment when they pulled up at the Harley venue on their BMW's.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:37 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,879 Likes on 1,492 Posts

One person asked you to move your bike, in a few minutes, after the rain stopped.

The horror......the horror.......

The following 5 users liked this post by Toypuller:
DuciDay (12-21-2019), kokemill (10-30-2018), nevada72 (10-29-2018), RK4ME (10-29-2018), Walter White (10-31-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 04:46 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,333 Likes on 3,273 Posts

Live and learn... The word "experience" in the title... ...

Old 10-29-2018, 05:28 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

That’s it? I thought this was going to end with someone getting stabbed.

Jehu (10-30-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 05:29 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,003 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Jehu
.... didn't seek any of their coffee or anything else, but for perhaps nine square feet of cover for five minutes.
After that reception I would have availed myself of some of everything - coffee, donuts if any and any other items they had available.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hey Man:
bigal51 (10-29-2018), Jehu (10-30-2018)

Quick Reply: Harley experience at BMW during Biketoberfest.