General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDFS rates

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 04:35 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
If you go with HDFS, make sure you get auto-pay. If you get mailed statements, they come less than 7 days before the due date..all intended to suck a late payment penalty out of the borrower.
when you buy the bike, the finance guy will go over everything with you, including the due date of your payment. if you know the date that your payment is due, you shouldn't be waiting on a statement coming to let you know when it's due.

but, do agree. autopay is the easiest way to do it. payment is debited/credited on the due date each month with virtually no effort from you.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:16 PM
SmokeyHill
Tourer

Received 282 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Moore

ah well you know how dealers are, I decided to just put the sportster up for sale. I took out a loan to buy it last year because it was a Christmas present and I was trying to keep it a secret, but I’m just gonna pay it off and sell it and show up with my own financing if the bikes still available. They’ve had it for like 2 years. I’m not in a hurry anyway, HDFS nice for quick approval but the rates aren’t very good. I’d rather just sell it for 4500 and take the hit and let someone else enjoy it as a starter bike instead of just giving it to the dealer. I bought it as a starter bike for her knowing I was gonna lose 1-2 thousand bucks when I traded it in.i don’t really like this dealer, the finance guy is a ********. We we’re just there for the dyna.

Thanks for the input.
Sounds like there is still a lien on it then. That might explain the higher rate. When I bought my 2013 FXDB I put 3K down and was quoted 8.25%. I laughed and told him he would have to do a lot better than that. I walked out to look at the bikes again and within a minute or two he came out and said he could give me 5.25%. Sold. My CU wouldn't go below 5.99% for used.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:04 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5,220 Likes on 2,574 Posts

My credit union right now is 3.25%. With that FICO you would have no issue. Don't finance through a dealer...!

Old 10-31-2018, 08:10 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by 6113_
most every time this subject comes up, statements are made about checking credit union rates but no examples are given. I'd like to see where a bank or credit union is beating anything that HDFS is putting out as an advertised rate right now
My credit union rate is 1.99%, -.25% if you take credit disability and -.25 if you take credit life.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:33 PM
Kyle Moore
Road Master
Received 224 Likes on 153 Posts

I was going to put 2k down, I owe money in the sporty like I said, i got it cheap and have a low rate on it, didn’t really seem like it was worth paying off. I think I’m just gonna pay it off to get the title and put it up for sale. I’ve bought 3 bikes at this dealer in the last 2 years and haven’t been happy with how I’ve been treated on this deal. I offered them a deal that I thought was fair for both sides and they basically blew it off. I’d rather someone buy it from me and enjoy it rather than let this dealer make any money off it haha. When the bike sells if they still have the dyna I’ll show
up with a check from my credit union. I think they’re doing 2.49 or 3.49 right now.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:36 PM
Roadrage1996
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Moore
I’m working on a deal with a dealer on a 2017 dyna low rider, it has 120 miles on it but is being sold as used for some reason. It’s for the wife, she loves it, she’s ready to graduate from a sportster and I want her to have ABS, so we’re trading in her sporty. She has a 2013 superlow 883, 9600 miles on it, brand new tires and saddle bags in it. I paid 5990 for it at this dealer last November. Stored indoors, same condition I purchased it in.

The dealer has only seen pics and has offered me
3300-4K in trade depending on how it looks in person, KBB has the trade in value is 4500.

the current offer I’ve been given is 3300 for the trade, the dyna is priced at 13500 (500 below book), 0 down, 8.25% for 60 months (outrageous I know), plus the 150 doc fee and tax etc. through hdfs.

I have a credit score of 750, what interest rate can I get for 60 months? Does anyone know?

I got a 2.99% on my HD loan...8.25% is crazy high!!!

Old 10-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrage1996
I got a 2.99% on my HD loan...8.25% is crazy high!!!
8.25% is unsecured signature loan territory.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:46 PM
Kyle Moore
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cbyway
8.25% is unsecured signature loan territory.
thats what I told them! I told the salesman I was insulted they would even think to offer me that. I haven’t called them back, If they call me with something better then maybe I’ll do it but I’m not giving them our sportster. I have thought about just getting my own financing and getting that dyna and keeping the sportster up for sale but I don’t really have room for 3 bikes and who knows how long it’ll take to move this sportster, anyone have any luck with cycle trader or eBay?

Old 10-31-2018, 08:57 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

FWIW, if the dealer has sat on that bike THAT long, I would pass it up & get a new one.

since someone asked for an example:

Harley-Davidson shipped us another full truck load of 2019 models. You need to come check them out! New colors, bigger engines and some badass new models! The all new FXDRS is a smoking hot corner cranking street machine!

Right now get 1.99% on all new Harley-Davidson models! Test ride a new model. Fill out a test ride evaluation form and get a $10 gift card! We want your feedback on the new models. Click the link to get pre-approved https://www.baysidehd.com/buy-a-harley-davidson-with-credit--financing

We got used! We have traded for too many bikes. All makes all models gotts go. We have over 30 motorcycles under $10,000! Zero down financing on all new and used available. Check out a couple of the bikes

Old 10-31-2018, 09:12 PM
Kyle Moore
Road Master

Why would you pass on it? It’s a 2017 dyna low rider with abs, it’s exactly the bike the wife wants.

Quick Reply: HDFS rates