General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reckless Fairing product info/reviews

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 06:56 AM
FLRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Reckless Fairing product info/reviews

I’m in the process of ordering a Reckless fairing for my 03 RK. Planning on leaving it Black gelcoat. 6x9 speakers with PRV250 radio. Anyone with recent product info?
i have read the old reviews. Not impressive. I have spoke with reckless behavior. The phone and the lady talks it up like ther3 is nothing better (what else would she say).
thanks in advance

Old 11-20-2018, 02:19 PM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by FLRoadKing
I’m in the process of ordering a Reckless fairing for my 03 RK. Planning on leaving it Black gelcoat. 6x9 speakers with PRV250 radio. Anyone with recent product info?
i have read the old reviews. Not impressive. I have spoke with reckless behavior. The phone and the lady talks it up like ther3 is nothing better (what else would she say).
thanks in advance
I sure do like mine. Is it the same quality as a SG HD faring? No,but it's darn close.

Get the handlebar control and the 300 watt amp.......

Old 11-20-2018, 04:00 PM
FLRoadKing
Cruiser

Originally Posted by traildog
I sure do like mine. Is it the same quality as a SG HD faring? No,but it's darn close.

Get the handlebar control and the 300 watt amp.......
Great to hear that. I've shopped around and they seem to be the best fit for what I want.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:36 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I've also been happy with mine. I have the PRV250 in mine but I have the 6.5 Infinity speakers. It's not going to win any contests but serves it purpose pretty well for the price.

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (01-26-2020)
Old 11-20-2018, 05:54 PM
FLRoadKing
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TroubleHead Fred
I've also been happy with mine. I have the PRV250 in mine but I have the 6.5 Infinity speakers. It's not going to win any contests but serves it purpose pretty well for the price.
Awesome. Great to hear positive feedback.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:16 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

I'm digging mine.
And as "traildog" recommends get the handlebar control and the amp.

Here's a link to my review from 3 years ago.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...uld-i-buy.html

There's a current thread on the Softail forum about fairings.
Here's one of my comments.

Originally Posted by Bluraven
No regrets what so ever, if I bought another Heritage I'd put another Reckless fairing on.
As some don't like the look but whenever I hear nay-sayers I simple reply "it's my bike not yours".

As for any upgrades; well after about a year one of the Polk speakers died.
Reckless replaced it even though it wasn't under warranty.

I installed an 8" LRS Recurve shield and have been wanting to replace the trim piece but haven't got around to it.
The trim piece is the one thing I would not have purchased if I was to do it again I would have just bought a Harley chrome one.

Another thing; the amp is powered by the primary on/off switch.
After the 3rd time I forgot to turn it off and found my battery dead I installed a 12vdc LED light that is on whenever the primary power switch is on.

This way when I park I can see the LED light's on and it reminds me to turn off the primary power.
I don't know why Reckless just didn't do this at the factory.

I also added some batting material inside the fairing to enhance the base but I'm not sure it did that much.

There's no doubt the fairing deflects more air.
It doesn't cost me any fuel mileage.

I'm glad I went with the "full package", once I got the fairing home an hour later I was jamming going 80mph down the highway.
One thing I question was getting the handlebar control; all I'll say is buy it.

I eventually added the a set of LeatherPros lowers which sure hurt the wallet but they finished off the look/function I was going for.
I also added hard bags which is absolutely plus over the leather bags.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Harleyriding77
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had mine over 2 years now. I just left it in gelcoat and it has held up just fine.
I have the 6.5 Polk speakers and the Infinity media radio in it. I always just stream music from my phone.
Fit and finish on mine is great and I have yet to regret the purchase.
I can hear my music fine running 80 down the freeway.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:58 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I recommend the fairing as it's a good piece and fits well. On the other hand, if you could order an empty shell and do your own audio you'll be money ahead. Go with the 6.5" speaker version.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:19 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by TroubleHead Fred
Forgot to add pics to my original post.
Mine is the black gelcoat as well.

I added the little $3 adjustable spot mirrors from the auto parts store, I can see about a lane and a half on each side.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:30 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

My Reckless XL Fairing has been excellent, had it for about 5 years. I put it on usually around mid December, and take it off around March or so. Suits my needs perfectly. Fit and finish are excellent. Bike handles different with it on, not bad, just different. I appreciate the way it keeps the cold air off my hands, and less wind on me.
Mine came with 2 windshields, the short one put the wind directly in my eyes. Off it came, the taller shield height was perfect for me. The windshields are just cheap stuff, I replaced mine with an LRS Elite Poly Recurve, most excellent.
Infinity Marine Radio and Polk Audio Speakers are just fine. The USB on mine is only 1 amp, not enough to charge your smartphone while in use, so I use a 2 amp in a power outlet.
All in all, it's a good fairing, I just like that pretty chrome nacelle and look forward to seeing it each spring!

Quick Reply: Reckless Fairing product info/reviews