Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Eagle Rider Tours (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1263511-eagle-rider-tours.html)

robbie52 12-06-2018 09:01 PM

Eagle Rider Tours

Anyone have any experience with the Eagle Rider Guided/Self Guided Tours. Considering one of the western tours, since it would be a long ride from east coast and not sure the wife would go for it.

harleyfiremedic 12-06-2018 10:42 PM

Stay away. Last summer I was going to rent from the Eagle Rider in Las Vegas. Had paid for the rental (single day) and had the plans all made. About a week prior to leaving for Vegas I got a call, The bike I wanted was in a crash and they did not have another one. We wanted at Polaris slingshot just for the fun of it, They then stated that we could get a different bike. We did not want a bike, at least not for this trip. Then they stated that they would not refund any money. I explained to them that since they were unable to fulfill their end of the deal they would indeed refund my money. In the end I did get the money back, but only after I went through my credit card and had them deny the charge. In doing further research I found lots of folks who have less than stellar dealing with them. Just my two cents on the situation

NORTY FLATZ 12-06-2018 10:48 PM

Why not just "fly n ride?"
Do HD dealers still have their rental fleets?

GalvTexGuy 12-07-2018 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic (Post 17874838)
Stay away. Last summer I was going to rent from the Eagle Rider in Las Vegas. Had paid for the rental (single day) and had the plans all made. About a week prior to leaving for Vegas I got a call, The bike I wanted was in a crash and they did not have another one. We wanted at Polaris slingshot just for the fun of it, They then stated that we could get a different bike. We did not want a bike, at least not for this trip. Then they stated that they would not refund any money. I explained to them that since they were unable to fulfill their end of the deal they would indeed refund my money. In the end I did get the money back, but only after I went through my credit card and had them deny the charge. In doing further research I found lots of folks who have less than stellar dealing with them. Just my two cents on the situation

At least you got a week notice. Eagle Rider called me the day before I was to pick up my 5 day rental. I was in the middle of packing for the trip when I got the call. I got my money back for the rental, but I lost $75 for canceling my hotel reservation too late. Not to mention, I had to cancel my vacation and go back to work.

Rocker NH 12-07-2018 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ (Post 17874847)

No to the best of my knowledge---Eaglerider has the market cornered --I,ve never had a problem with them[did Vegas one last March] I guess they aren't 100% perfect ,but for me going out west in the winter months makes sense to rent for me---both my bikes are in storage mid Nov- Early April

jlb2782 12-07-2018 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ (Post 17874847)

From what I understand, if any HD store still rents, it’s through EagleRider anyway.

I guess it’s a crapshoot. Which is a bummer. But for me, I rented a 2018 RK in San Francisco in October. I joined their club, and it probably saved me about $350 altogether. I was very happy with them. The San Francisco location probably had 100 bikes in their warehouse. I was in and out in 10 min. The drop off was the same way. And I got my deposit back quick too. I will say tho, all the negative reviews I read had me worried. Especially since I signed up for their club, and then saw them. But like I said, it worked out for me.

Oko 12-07-2018 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by jlb2782 (Post 17875070)

From what I understand, if any HD store still rents, it’s through EagleRider anyway.

I guess it’s a crapshoot. Which is a bummer. But for me, I rented a 2018 RK in San Francisco in October. I joined their club, and it probably saved me about $350 altogether. I was very happy with them. The San Francisco location probably had 100 bikes in their warehouse. I was in and out in 10 min. The drop off was the same way. And I got my deposit back quick too. I will say tho, all the negative reviews I read had me worried. Especially since I signed up for their club, and then saw them. But like I said, it worked out for me.

I have had several rentals from ER. Including one from San Fran. My only bad experience was my very first. I rented a bike in Miami and it was accepted by the two employees as "all is good" when I returned it. Then two weeks later, I get a charge for some "star pattern" in the paint on the gas tank. I just chalked it up to two newbie, weekend, un-managed employees. All my other interactions are good. I plan to book my upcoming July Cali ride from ER in San Fran.

upflying 12-07-2018 08:11 AM

I hear Eagle Rider rents bikes for rides on the Dragon.

QNman 12-07-2018 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 17875400)
I hear Eagle Rider rents bikes for rides on the Dragon.

I heard it was only to foreigners...

Just DK 12-07-2018 09:31 AM

I've rented from them several times , but not done a tour with them. They offer some great rates when they need to seasonally move the bikes to different areas. I found it a great way to try different bikes, but you can't always get the bike you book. One of my rentals was from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas. I was able to do a fly and ride and see several of the the National Parks along the way.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...3a1fe8f74d.jpg