General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The complexity and arduous feat that is to ride a motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 07:59 AM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,159 Posts

The complexity of Oderous Feet. Soak em' in epsom salt and use Irish Spring when you bathe.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,326 Likes on 10,702 Posts
Default Well Done Mate!

I normally do not read looooooooong posts but I did yours. GREAT job matey! GREAT job. Pretty funny (and entertaining) I'd say.

This is what I did to cover those points. All of which are true.

1) I took the class.
2) My Ofc Mgr's husband is a Hogaholic or a Bikers Biker so he taught me a great deal. Local and MANY long distance rides.
3) I got and studied big time "Ride Like A Pro" by Jerry Palladino.
4) I read every article I could find, (not every but what appeared to the best BEST articles) and paid a lot of attention to it.
5) I joined and rode Iron Butt Rides.

The above covered it all for me. Learned ALL the things you talked about. Well done.

You know something my friend, you can likely post what you wrote in some biker magazines. If you are interested in doing so, I will put you in contact with at least 1 possible 2 magazines where I know the owner or President if you like.

Again, good job and THANKS!

Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts

WTF is it with "enrichener"??? Is this the choke?

Old 01-05-2019, 08:48 AM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,159 Posts

^^^ Works the same but no. Choke has a butterfly in it that chokes off the air, an enrichener doesn't choke the air with butterfly but enrichens the mixture within the carb.

Last edited by TroubleHead Fred; 01-05-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
I normally do not read looooooooong posts but I did yours. GREAT job matey! GREAT job. Pretty funny (and entertaining) I'd say.

This is what I did to cover those points. All of which are true.

1) I took the class.
2) My Ofc Mgr's husband is a Hogaholic or a Bikers Biker so he taught me a great deal. Local and MANY long distance rides.
3) I got and studied big time "Ride Like A Pro" by Jerry Palladino.
4) I read every article I could find, (not every but what appeared to the best BEST articles) and paid a lot of attention to it.
5) I joined and rode Iron Butt Rides.

The above covered it all for me. Learned ALL the things you talked about. Well done.

You know something my friend, you can likely post what you wrote in some biker magazines. If you are interested in doing so, I will put you in contact with at least 1 possible 2 magazines where I know the owner or President if you like.

Again, good job and THANKS!
Thank you for the compliment my friend and I appreciate the offer, which I kindly decline. The story is fiction and an attempt to poke fun at the various topics that we have covered in 2018, and because most of these are perennials, many years before as well, such as the issue of what oil to use.

I had an hour or so free at work and wrote it quickly. Surely someone else here could write a similar story about paying 40% interest on a bike, riding up gravel roadways in mud, and maybe a story or two to cover our beloved H-D dealerships. Our long winter has just started for many of us in the frozen tundra, so perhaps we can use our spare time to write about our beloved pastime in a way to highlight in a fun way the silly things that happen while we ride?

Last edited by Labrador; 01-05-2019 at 10:27 AM.