General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin contact

Old 01-11-2019, 07:03 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,828 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by BgDadddy
Russell Day Long. You won't be sorry.
Thanks, I'm leaving my options open.
The issue I have is the price for a Corbin driver seat with back rest and passenger pad, what am I looking at $1,200? The other thing is I read Corbin being notorious for a very firm seat, I might or might not like that, no way to check one out.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 423 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by BgDadddy
Russell Day Long. You won't be sorry.
This. These things are made for one purpose- long distance comfort; I’ve done numerous 1,500 mile days on mine. Every bike I have from here on out will have a RDL on it.

Before I spent the money for RDL, I tried Corbin. It sucked a fat one.

Last edited by Wowser; 01-11-2019 at 07:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BgDadddy (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 07:16 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wowser

This. These things are made for one purpose- long distance comfort; I’ve done numerous 1,500 Days on mine. Every bike I have from here on out will have a RDL on it.

Before I spent the money for RDL, I tried Corbin. It sucked a fat one.
I traded my touring bike for a hot rod, I want a comfy solo saddle that doesn't look like it belongs on an old man's bike, even though I'm an old man. I'm looking at Saddleman for just a seat and Mustang for seat with backrest and passenger option. Too bad the Mustang is only a plain looking seat. Wide Tripper Solo

Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 PM
Wowser
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by OldMike
I traded my touring bike for a hot rod, I want a comfy solo saddle that doesn't look like it belongs on an old man's bike, even though I'm an old man. I'm looking at Saddleman for just a seat and Mustang for seat with backrest and passenger option. Too bad the Mustang is only a plain looking seat. Wide Tripper Solo
Then it’s probably not worth it to you to spend the money on an RDL. I’ve heard good things about the Mustang.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:23 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Then it’s probably not worth it to you to spend the money on an RDL. I’ve heard good things about the Mustang.
Ya, I never owned one but is gives me the option for a back rest and passenger seating. Maybe some new seats will show up soon.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Wowser
Road Warrior

Ya, I never owned one but is gives me the option for a back rest and passenger seating. Maybe some new seats will show up soon.
I like the look of of the Mustang, but I like the plain look on everything from motorcycle seats to females.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:31 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

I like the look of of the Mustang, but I like the plain look on everything from motorcycle seats to females.
Yes, and with the Mustang I can just buy the seat to make sure I like it. I don't know if that correlates to females.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Wowser
Road Warrior

Yes, and with the Mustang I can just buy the seat to make sure I like it. I don't know if that correlates to females.
I prefer to borrow a friend’s.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:33 PM
BgDadddy
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks, I'm leaving my options open.
The issue I have is the price for a Corbin driver seat with back rest and passenger pad, what am I looking at $1,200? The other thing is I read Corbin being notorious for a very firm seat, I might or might not like that, no way to check one out.
I have a heated Corbin in my garage that I bought for my current bike from another member on here. The seat is like new and in perfect condition.

I hated it. Too narrow and too firm. But it worked while I had my stock seat rebuilt for me. I probably used it for 1,000 miles or so. I will probably sell it at some point. Or keep it to go with the bike, whenever I sell it. But my RDL is the most comfy seat I have ever had.

And I had a Mustang seat on my old bike for a while. I thought it was more uncomfortable than the stock one.

Last edited by BgDadddy; 01-11-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:35 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Thumbs up

I prefer to borrow a friend’s.
That's a great idea, LOL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corbin contact