General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin contact

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 12:08 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Thanks, I'm leaving my options open.
The issue I have is the price for a Corbin driver seat with back rest and passenger pad, what am I looking at $1,200? The other thing is I read Corbin being notorious for a very firm seat, I might or might not like that, no way to check one out.

If you go to Daytona for Bike Week Corbin has all their seats for sale at 10% off during bike week. you can also do a trial ride if you wish. Good seats are expensive and even then a particular brand may be uncomfortable for you and be a perfect fit for someone else. My advice is try before you buy. Hope this helps.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:32 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by nytryder
If you go to Daytona for Bike Week Corbin has all their seats for sale at 10% off during bike week. you can also do a trial ride if you wish. Good seats are expensive and even then a particular brand may be uncomfortable for you and be a perfect fit for someone else. My advice is try before you buy. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
It would ne nice if these big seat companies had a loaner program.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:20 PM
ryan06
Tourer

Received 135 Likes on 70 Posts

It would be nice if the bigger seat making companies had loaner seats, but it would cost them a bunch, and maybe cost them sales too. There are a lot of unused seats stored in garages that people don't like. Way back JP cycles would take seats back if you didn't like them, and I did just that. Installed the seat, went for a short ride, took it off and back it went. They changed their policy some time ago, and the seat has to be in the wrap and not used at all, if you return it.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:53 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

I have experience, for reference, with Sundowner and Hammock touring seats. Any solo seat I buy now is going to be something new to me. So I'm talking to Mustang about a style of seat I like with matching back rest and passenger seat.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:18 AM
Hoginedgewood
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,190 Likes on 652 Posts

I've bought 2 of the gunfighter seats for my Shovelhead 4 speed (wreck destroyed the seat and fender) neither fit, they blamed me. Transferred the seat to my latest shovel,(4 speed)doesn't fit that one either.
Its my favorite seat to sit on, so I bought one for the 5 speed Shovelhead, fits better but not impressed.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts

I just called Corbin, ordered a seat for my new sport glide, talked with two people there, no problems. Ive ordered several seats in the last three years....Ive had no issues.

The RUSSELLS are incredible BTW.......they are wider at the crotch, if you have a shorter inseam you may experience some issues, but the ride is worth it, they don't call them "day long" for no reason......

Sargent also makes a quality seat.......

Old 01-20-2019, 02:10 PM
BgDadddy
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by riggpigg

Sargent also makes a quality seat.......
I have bought several Sargent seats over the years. For (I think) 3 different bikes. Could never get comfortable on one. It always felt like the little 'shelf' under my *** wasn't deep enough. Like only 3/4 of my cheeks were being supported. And I have a little *** (in case anyone was wondering). I can't imagine how they would feel under a big-assed person.