Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDR Work

Old 01-05-2019, 07:51 PM
firehawk6
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by GomezAddaams View Post
One of our members in the FXDR owners group on Facebook has put t bars on his and a couple other modifications. It's interesting.

as far as mid controls go, there's nowhere to put them because of the way the engine is laid out
. Blockhead talked about this on YouTube on his bike.

ANYTHING is possible, IMO give it time If the bike sells well. Forward controls on this bike AND how HD is promoting it is just another example of Harley Davidson's inability to totally walk away from part of what's hurting sales. Introduce a new sportier orientated/promoted model, and you put forward controls on it? Pleeze...

Old 01-05-2019, 08:16 PM
GomezAddaams
One Of The Regulars
Received 139 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk6 View Post
ANYTHING is possible, IMO give it time If the bike sells well. Forward controls on this bike AND how HD is promoting it is just another example of Harley Davidson's inability to totally walk away from part of what's hurting sales. Introduce a new sportier orientated/promoted model, and you put forward controls on it? Pleeze...
Not sure if you have ridden this thing... it is wide enough already. but they would have to raise the seat a bit if you wanted mid controls to be comfortable.

As far as how they are promoting it (I assume you are basing it of their calling it "Performance" Oriented...), It does pretty well in the corners...

The following users liked this post:
badcooky (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 03:01 PM
et998
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Not to sound like a geezer, but these bikes are better looking than a V-Rod. And they looked pretty good at 2:00 am. Nice

slodsm (02-14-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 05:38 PM
tar_snake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 405 Likes on 227 Posts

That humongous growth on the side of that abortion-on-wheels is the air cleaner?! Good gods, find a doctor and get that cancer cut off! Hell, find a neurosurgeon and get the whole thing fixed. (hmmm...I wonder if it's easy to tell I think very little of those bikes. heh heh).

But seriously...is that the stock air cleaner or an aftermarket? What the hells is that monstrosity hiding?

back again (01-11-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 05:43 PM
GomezAddaams
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by tar_snake View Post

But seriously...is that the stock air cleaner or an aftermarket? What the hells is that monstrosity hiding?
That's the stock air cleaner . It's just a high capacity airflow. Comes off petty easy

Old 01-07-2019, 08:40 AM
ThePaintPirate
Supporter
Received 222 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by GomezAddaams View Post
One of our members in the FXDR owners group on Facebook has put t bars on his and a couple other modifications. It's interesting.
T-Bars look hideous on that bike. Two completely different styles, in one confusing machine.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:20 PM
shodown220
Senior Rider
Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate View Post
T-Bars look hideous on that bike. Two completely different styles, in one confusing machine.
+1. I hate t-bars in general but that bike is one of the worst I've seen with t-bars. I'm usually one of the first people who like the new stuff (for instance I loved the night rod) but man I hate that bike. If the looks didn't completely kill it for me the demo ride sure as hell did.

tar_snake (02-15-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 04:00 PM
ThePaintPirate
Supporter
Received 222 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by shodown220 View Post
+1. I hate t-bars in general but that bike is one of the worst I've seen with t-bars. I'm usually one of the first people who like the new stuff (for instance I loved the night rod) but man I hate that bike. If the looks didn't completely kill it for me the demo ride sure as hell did.
I feel the same way about T-bars in general. The bike has piqued my curiosity though, I'm going to try it out sometime this spring. The current lineup of accessories and aftermarket exhaust are for the more traditional style bike, and look wrong on the FXDR. I'd like to see an aftermarket exhaust that follows the original.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:37 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 823 Likes on 477 Posts

Not a fan of T-bars on this bike..... Maybe if they are hidden behind a taller fairing? It just doesn’t flow as it sits IMO

Old 01-11-2019, 06:08 AM
GomezAddaams
One Of The Regulars
Default Basani exhaust install - Blockhead

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: