General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDR Work

Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM
cchuck3537
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikecraft

Another Tail Tidy fitted
Does anyone want to sell their stock air cleaner? I am looking for one and it seems a lot of folks are taking them off.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:09 PM
RedRider0151
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15

Try $10,000. ............

I’m well aware of the price for titanium/ carbon fiber exhausts for sport bikes. That Harley exhaust ain’t in the same galaxy as a Termignomi far as craftsmanship, materials or overall quality.
That is the extreme example..LOL...The Akrapovic, SC Project, and the "Normal" Termi are roughly 4500-5000 (I ride an 1199R so I have looked...I have the Termi on it now and thought about swapping but its just not worth it...)...but even so...3500 for that Thunderbike is NUTS!!!! Way more than it should be (as is ALL the exhausts for a Ducati...)

Old 02-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,348 Likes on 1,154 Posts

Since you talking about pipes for the FXDR , I saw a very nice pipe on a black bike . Just go the site and scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the pipe on that bike . And yes you can also win it for free ! www.bikerswin.com

Old 02-13-2019, 07:54 PM
Warrant
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse

That Fat Bob you have with the 114 looks like a muscle bike with out needing to many high cost up grades . I really want to test ride that bike this spring .
Cheers to that!
Do it, you will be surprised I promise. Cycle World calls it the best cruiser bike of 2018.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I have an FXDR courtesy bike from my dealer for a couple of days while my FXDLS is in the shop.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain

My courtesy bike

Old 02-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,348 Likes on 1,154 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner
My courtesy bike

So who makes that set of pipes ?

Last edited by Iron lHorse; 02-14-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:55 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse

So who makes that set of pipes ?
It's the Screamin Eagle pipe.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:17 AM
Strugatsio
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner
I have an FXDR courtesy bike from my dealer for a couple of days while my FXDLS is in the shop.
How does the loaner compare to other bikes? Handling, top speed, ergonomics, etc?

Old 02-15-2019, 11:34 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Strugatsio
How does the loaner compare to other bikes? Handling, top speed, ergonomics, etc?
I had an '18 Breakout, and currently own a Low Rider S. I'd take either of these over the FXDR.

Handling - My Low Rider S is way better than either of the Softails. The FXDR and Breakout are better than you'd expect from bikes with that geometry and fat rear end. Both hold their line really well and are very stable at any speed, where as the Dyna chassis starts to show it's limitations when speeds get higher, but they are more sluggish to turn in and require a different style of riding to get the best from them. On a tight mountain road the Low Rider S is going to stomp both Softails, but you'd have to push hard to show that. The Breakout will suffer from lack of lean angle, but for most average riders the FXDR and FXDLS would probably be just as quick. Suspension is good on all 3 bikes, but they all dive too much under hard breaking. FXDR front brakes are very good, better than the single on the Breakout, and better than the stock brakes on the FXDLS. Rear brake on all three could do with a lot of improvement, but i don't use the rear brake much.

Top Speed - All three are so close that it's hard to tell between them. The Softails are really smooth, and the Dyna is very raw, so from the saddle the Dyna feels faster to ride. But with these three i think the better rider would win on any one of them.

Ergonomics - The FXDR sucks. I'm 5'8", and those bars are just too low and too far forward for me to be able to put big miles on it. It gets better over 70mph where the wind is helping to take some weight off the wrists. The seat is actually very comfortable. It's easy for me to flat foot at standstill, but i do have to be careful not to touch that huge pipe, and anyone with less than a 32" inseam might struggle. The Breakout was really good for long distance. I've done 11 hour days in the saddle no problem. My Low Rider S has been modded to fit me perfectly so it's a little unfair to say it's the clear winner. Both the FXDR and Breakout could be modded to make them fit the individual rider better.
Forward controls on the Softails are well placed. They are not like the fowards on earlier Harleys, they're much closer. My Dyna had forward controls when i bought it and i hated them, but i really like the position on the new Softails.
The one thing that really stands out as a win for the FXDR and Breakout is the headlight. I'm running a genuine Harley Daymaker on my Dyna and it's nowhere near as good as the other two.

Conclusion - The FXDR is a good motorcyle. With a few mods it could be a great one. The styling is a matter of taste, but the same could be said for anything. The FXDR really shines when you push it hard; if that isn't your thing, buy the Breakout and save yourself a heap of cash. I am a big fan of the new Softails, but nothing is going get me away from my Low Rider S. As far as i'm concerned, it's the greatest motorcycle Harley have ever made, and you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands before i let it go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FXDR Work