General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Me and My Millennial

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

Semper Fi to your son....he will be forever changed in a few months!

Old 01-12-2019, 05:45 PM
heizlod
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Het
Check this one out. Our company bought out our ESOP program this year. We had four or five 'millenials' that started with us last April. They worked, if you want to call what they did work, (see above comment), from April to Thanksgiving, and made approximately $65K. They were given a full share of stock when we were bought out. A share was valued at $18,000 and change. They, (the millenials), claimed that was bullshit, because they had heard that other long time employees were receiving in excess of $100K. They couldn't comprehend that the longer you worked, the more $$$$ you received, lol. What maroons!!!! I explained to them that even though they received much more than they earned throughout the season, getting this windfall added another, on average, $700+ a week to what they already earned, and I hate to use the term 'earned'. They didn't want to hear it. In their minds, even though they were on their phones all day, listened to their Ipods all day, and got carried by other workers, myself included, they should all be making LeBron James kinda money. You should have seen their faces after I explained to them that they will owe 10% of that money for a penalty, another 27% to the Feds, another 5% to the state, then another percentage to the city they live in. It was priceless.
God, I have been in the navy for 17 years, and I am just now starting to deal with these "im owed it" people. I have guys that work for me, are 19 years old, don't understand why they have to wait to get a promotion, why they need to help others, why they cant go home because they are "salary and the job can wait til tomorrow" or why this old guy is yelling at them cause they WONT SWEEP THEIR WORK STATION AFTER THEY MAKE A MESS. im tired of the "im owed it" generation.

The following users liked this post:
VAFish (08-27-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:13 PM
mctraveler
Road Master
Received 321 Likes on 250 Posts

Again...thank your son for his service.....you have a right to be proud

Old 01-13-2019, 09:10 PM
Old Sport
Club Member

Received 1,361 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle larry
this... Is... So... True!

Old 01-14-2019, 07:00 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,125 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Sport
I've two sons in their early 20s - both great kids that make their papa proud. Younger son is 20 and rides a Honda CBR600RR. We ride together all the time, often with a few other buddies of mine on Harleys. Bunch of us on touring bikes and the kid on the rocket.

He's headed to the Marine Corp on March 4th. This afternoon we're at our local dealership (primarily Harley / also sells Honda) to pick-up some parts and he asks me to show him the Sportsters. We had been talking earlier in the day about life before Honda's inline four hit the shores. That's when we had "the moment"...

"Once I get through basic training and I am stationed I'm gonna get myself one of these" he said. "I dig it."

I'm thinking... Nice!
First,

Thank you to your son for his service to our country.

Second,

Just a suggestion, but do not mail a box of crayons to his drill sergeants. They seem to take that personally.

Third,

I have 4 millennial kids, 3 of them ride motorcycles, 2 have Sportsters and the 3rd has a Ninja 250 but is looking to upgrade now that he has a job.

So there is still hope for our country.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:05 AM
Old Sport
Club Member

Received 1,361 Likes on 599 Posts
Default Today...

March 4th was rescheduled to March 18th - in an hour or so he takes his oath and ships out. Next time we see him he will be a Marine.

I appreciate the support here and shared this thread with my son. We managed to get quite a bit of riding in throughout the colder months - few thousand miles. Sometimes to nowhere but always good times.

The following 3 users liked this post by Old Sport:
1LargeDog (03-19-2019), GPHDXLC (03-18-2019), riggpigg (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 10:38 AM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

Thank your son for his service for me please. There are a lot of snowflakes out there. Then there are men like your son, and the world is a better place because of him..

Old 03-18-2019, 02:07 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts
Old 03-18-2019, 02:15 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts

These "Millennials" along with several other young'uns were either riding or wrenching on 2018 Cannonball bikes...the younger crowd was well represented last year....

The following users liked this post:
hvacgaspiping (06-03-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 02:17 PM
rollonfreebird
Tourer
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

My son is 30, he bought an 01 heritage 2 yrs ago, it was pretty cool the first time we rode together and to see he takes an interest in the Harley

Quick Reply: Me and My Millennial