General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today I told Cancer to Get Screwed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 07:28 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,325 Likes on 10,701 Posts

G'day OP. So sry to hear about cancer. GLAD you went for the ride. I think an excitement (at least for me) or adrenaline kicks in or something and if I am tired when I slide into the saddle. I tend to PERK UP riding. Hopefully, that will help you with your energy on the bike.

When you said getting out of ur bed or the recliner, I thought of I think it was Norman Cousins who cured his own cancer by getting a LOT of movies/books on anything that makes him laugh. The 3 Stooges, etc.... and watched them and laughed a LOT.

Since then books/studies have been done on laughing. It must release a chemical that helps to fight cancer. Just FYI.

Maybe ideal is going for a ride listening to a comedy routine.

BEST OF LUCK my friend........stay strong. You CAN beat it!!

Old 01-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,229 Likes on 5,990 Posts

Good on you! Good luck and best wishes for a quick recovery.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:42 AM
n5tf
Tourer
Received 184 Likes on 67 Posts

I have been told I am stage 4 and incurable. Currently I am doing chemo for three straight days at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (One of the best Centers in the World) every two weeks. I have one of the foremost experts as oncologist for adenocarcinoma. Week of 21st of Jan I go back for a new PET Scan to see how effective my treatments have been. I will keep fighting. It is overwhelming to see the responses I have received from my HD Forum family. If this dialogue somehow encourages myself and others to keep fighting then I will feel like I have done some good by sharing my personal experiences. I will keep this updated as we go through this fight. Thanks again for all the prayers and words of encouragement.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:09 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,325 Likes on 10,701 Posts

n5tf, not meaning to be insensitive or anything, but having this issue you ARE and WILL overcome, has your view on life or on people or work or on anything changed since you are dealing with this matter? If it is too tough a question to reply to, then pls just disregard it.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:16 AM
MajorKG
Club Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

Prayers brother, keep fighting! Looking forward to your posts on your progress.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:17 AM
n5tf
Tourer
Received 184 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
n5tf, not meaning to be insensitive or anything, but having this issue you ARE and WILL overcome, has your view on life or on people or work or on anything changed since you are dealing with this matter? If it is too tough a question to reply to, then pls just disregard it.
My view on life has changed from being work centric to thinking more about the value of time spent with family and friends. Simple things like just sitting and talking to my 5 year old grand daughter, conversations with my sons. I continue to work a few hours between treatments when I am able but what once was a defining portion of my life has now faded away to more simple family oriented things. My perspective on life and relationship with God has changed. I have no control over the Cancer, I am relying on CHEMO and God to give me more time here. I cling to the thoughts of riding my bucket list trips out West and even my ultimate trip to Alaska. I do not spend time worrying about my death because I believe I will beat this disease.

The following 5 users liked this post by n5tf:
0488FB (01-11-2019), BuzzCap7 (01-06-2019), mctraveler (01-10-2019), roadmutt (01-07-2019), WartHoggy (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 10:18 AM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by n5tf
I have been dealing with Cancer since Sept 2018 and had not been on my bike for longer than a quick ride to the dealership for the clutch recall. Today it was a beautiful day in the low 60's and even though I was weak due to chemo and ability to eat, I told Cancer to get screwed and went for a ride. It was great to get out of the house, off the recliner, out of bed....I was weak but made it and it gave me confidence for future rides and something to keep looking forward to.....hopefully a day where my cancer is in remission and I can take the trips that are on my bucket list. If you know someone suffering from Cancer, pray for them and encourage them to keep fighting.
To quote Teddy Roosevelt:
NEVER, NEVER say NEVER.
I have lived by this quote. Got my butt out of trouble many times in my career.
Chin up man, you can beat this.

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 11:38 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,721 Likes on 6,885 Posts

Originally Posted by n5tf
I have been dealing with Cancer since Sept 2018 and had not been on my bike for longer than a quick ride to the dealership for the clutch recall. Today it was a beautiful day in the low 60's and even though I was weak due to chemo and ability to eat, I told Cancer to get screwed and went for a ride. It was great to get out of the house, off the recliner, out of bed....I was weak but made it and it gave me confidence for future rides and something to keep looking forward to.....hopefully a day where my cancer is in remission and I can take the trips that are on my bucket list. If you know someone suffering from Cancer, pray for them and encourage them to keep fighting.

Good for you!

God Bless and best wishes.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:30 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,667 Posts
Default Told cancer to get screwed

All the best to you. Your in our prayers. Your an inspiration to anyone. God Bless.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:47 PM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,398 Likes on 1,378 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Douce
I like your attitude, I go in for surgery in another week (colon). With the weather the way it is, cold, grey, depressing, it can beat you up at times. Never had surgery like this before, I find planning for trips next summer relieves some of the dark clouds.
Cancer is planning to beat me up but as Mike Tyson said “everybody has a plan ‘til I punch them in the mouth “, that’ll be my attitude from now on.
I'm 24 years + of surviving my 3rd stage Colon Cancer. Life is a killer, cancer is Not. My prayers to all affected.

Prayers, Good medical attention, and a positive attitude were my prescription.

The following users liked this post:
n5tf (01-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Today I told Cancer to Get Screwed