General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you protect your nose from sunburn?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 07:13 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,875 Likes on 17,362 Posts

Not to diminish the seriousness of the subject but I have met a number of people who protect their nose with their boss' anus.

The following 2 users liked this post by OKMICK:
BuzzCap7 (01-08-2019), snipit (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 07:14 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

I would try to cover it with some type of chemical, or cloth. Perhaps something like Plasti-Dip. It peels off easily.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:42 AM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Gotta ask u a quickie question mate, seeing u r from Crystal River. Years back I wold go to Neon Leon's in Homosassas <sp>.

They were bought by another company maybe 4, 5, 6 yrs back or so. Is that NEW company any good as a restaurant do you know?

"
The name has changed a few times. I was in there in October when it was the Suncoast Bar & Grill. Mediocre food at best and the "cook" walked out that night. It is now known as "Mango Tango's" as of a month or so ago. Rode by it yesterday on the way to The Shed. The menu was changed apparently and for whatever reason, that place still draws people in. I still miss Neon Leon's back in the day before it got run down by the owner

Old 01-08-2019, 07:50 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by DonnieM
The name has changed a few times. I was in there in October when it was the Suncoast Bar & Grill. Mediocre food at best and the "cook" walked out that night. It is now known as "Mango Tango's" as of a month or so ago. Rode by it yesterday on the way to The Shed. The menu was changed apparently and for whatever reason, that place still draws people in. I still miss Neon Leon's back in the day before it got run down by the owner
Freaking wow. The setting is PERFECT!! The building and decor back then also......anyway. THANK YOU!!!! And again wow.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:12 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,094 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Yup, this is me. This is one of the LEAST dangerous skin cancers; a basal cell carcinoma. Unfortunately, it was the "infiltrative type." Fortunately I brought it to my doc's attention, and we got it early enough to get it all.

Here's the most important thing I've read about skin cancer: If you had more than one peeling sunburn before you were 15, your risk is huge. Keep an eye on your skin.

I had the same thing as you...on the right side of my face next to my right eye. Had about 5 or 6 stitches with another 2 or 3 internal stitches next to my eye....the Dr. got it all out.

The following users liked this post:
IdahoHacker (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 08:52 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,387 Likes on 2,951 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
This might sound silly but I am curious.

During this summer I rode quite a bit in half helmet and burned my nose quite a bit from the sun. I hate to use any kind of sunblock creams/sprays etc. I thought visor will help but my helmet dont have option for attaching visor so no luck there. Wonder if I am only one with this problem and what might help next season?

one time I tried bandage type strips and it helped are there any other solutions? I will prefer not to use full face masks etc.
Trying to avoid the "old skin cancer kinda thing" are you? Probably a smart thing to do. Even wearing a full face helmet won't keep the pesky sun from your schnozzolla from exposure to the sun's harmful rays. But, it may lessen it.
Oh yeah, cover yer arms too...

Skin cancer is a stupid way to die early...

Old 01-08-2019, 09:43 AM
assiniboine
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4,428 Likes on 2,762 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Except the Ozone is healing itself... https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...ays-ncna931591
Let's compromise and say that Western society has recognized the problem and enacted methods to slowly reverse the destructive trend? It's not a done deal - 3rd World/China wants concessions.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:55 AM
LoneRiderFLH
Road Warrior
Received 949 Likes on 412 Posts

Duct tape?!

Old 01-08-2019, 07:24 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts
Old 01-08-2019, 10:44 PM
HiDrag
Road Captain
Received 298 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by teeroy_

The OP specifically declined any kind of sun screen on his nose.

Thus proving the HD Forums, can make a mountain out of a molehill.

What at do you guys use to steer your bike? I hate using my hands, feet, torso, legs, arms, head
or torso.

Last edited by HiDrag; 01-08-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quick Reply: How do you protect your nose from sunburn?