General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible air in ABS / bleeding question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:29 PM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by TheITMercenary
Yes I do. Email us at: sales@infotechmercenary.com for a few references/reviews.

Also we have been busy providing products to many forum members here so I expect you will hear the good word shortly here as well!

Thanks for your interest and support!
Hi JJ (ITMercenary), I watched your YouTube video and found it informative and fun to watch. Great job in creating the app, something that makes changing the brake fluid that much easier to do.

It is mentioned in the video that the app requires Wi-FI to login the user ID. From this, I assume that it authenticates somewhere in the cloud before it can be used. My only concern with your product is that if my assumptions are correct, the app would become inoperable in the event that your business went under or if you lost interest in it, a possibility since it seems that your primary business is Domain and Exchange support.

Vance & Hines makes a product (FP3) that already interacts with the ECU. It would be nice to see this feature added to their device. Have you ever considered licensing your app to a third party vendor instead? Also, I am very curios as to why you did not create a new website for this app, instead of using your current website for both businesses, which are words apart. Being in IT, it would have been very easy for you to do.

As I said before, I really like your product and might consider buying it this Spring when I get ready to bleed my brakes. I have an iPhone so I may have to borrow my wife's phone for this (grin).

BTW, as a family man, I enjoyed seeing your wife and child helping out to bleed the brakes. Nothing makes you feel more proud than seeing the family get involved in your interests.

Last edited by Labrador; 01-16-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 PM
moparnut72
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Will using your product keep my extended warranty intact?
kk

Old 01-16-2019, 11:15 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by moparnut72
Will using your product keep my extended warranty intact?
kk
Absolutely. In fact it allows you to perform the complete and full brake fluid flush every two years (I recommend annually but hey) that HD recommends.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:18 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Labrador
Hi JJ (ITMercenary), I watched your YouTube video and found it informative and fun to watch. Great job in creating the app, something that makes changing the brake fluid that much easier to do.

It is mentioned in the video that the app requires Wi-FI to login the user ID. From this, I assume that it authenticates somewhere in the cloud before it can be used. My only concern with your product is that if my assumptions are correct, the app would become inoperable in the event that your business went under or if you lost interest in it, a possibility since it seems that your primary business is Domain and Exchange support.

Vance & Hines makes a product (FP3) that already interacts with the ECU. It would be nice to see this feature added to their device. Have you ever considered licensing your app to a third party vendor instead? Also, I am very curios as to why you did not create a new website for this app, instead of using your current website for both businesses, which are words apart. Being in IT, it would have been very easy for you to do.

As I said before, I really like your product and might consider buying it this Spring when I get ready to bleed my brakes. I have an iPhone so I may have to borrow my wife's phone for this (grin).

BTW, as a family man, I enjoyed seeing your wife and child helping out to bleed the brakes. Nothing makes you feel more proud than seeing the family get involved in your interests.
I have many skunk works projects in the mix (and some in the wild being tested).

As for your concerns, we have been around since 2009. I'm not going anywhere as the main business is my livelihood (23 years and counting in the same line of work/industry...merger and acquisition co-existence and migration consulting).

You noticed the kids and boss eh? That's funny. I have a ton of kids so the help is always around I suppose. She (wife) was less than thrilled being called my "assistant" in the one section. Family got a good chuckle out of that.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:12 PM
MRPHS
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

I received mine and it worked well. The app was a bit finicky bleeding my rear brakes. I must have not 100% followed the directions in connecting the app. Ended up having to power off the provided tablet and try again and it worked like a charm. While I was bleeding the brakes I went ahead and installed Speed Bleeder valves. This was well worth the expense to me in being able to completely service my bike from the comfort and convenience of my garage.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:34 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MRPHS
I received mine and it worked well. The app was a bit finicky bleeding my rear brakes. I must have not 100% followed the directions in connecting the app. Ended up having to power off the provided tablet and try again and it worked like a charm. While I was bleeding the brakes I went ahead and installed Speed Bleeder valves. This was well worth the expense to me in being able to completely service my bike from the comfort and convenience of my garage.
Thanks! Yes, that can happen if the app is running before you connect to the interface (or sometimes bluetooth connections just like to go to sleep...).

Either way, awesome to hear it worked for you!

Thanks for your support.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:43 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Call the ITMercenary. He's a good guy!

Last edited by nytryder; 02-04-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: It's early for me
Old 02-04-2019, 03:05 PM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,735 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Sorry for all the noob questions. I really can't afford the $170 the stealer wants.
Unless you buy the "tool" to do the job properly your only real option is a visit to a dealer.

You ought to be able to afford $170 for the sake of your life.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:19 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nytryder
I also would suggest a trip to the dealer just to be sure. The machine to do the brake bleed is available. If memory serves it is priced in the $500 range, google harley brake bleeders if I recall.
I created a product that does exactly what the dealership does with their Digital Tech device at a fraction of the cost (and you have the tool to perform an annual fluid flush if you desire).

You can ensure that it was done correctly (and frequently) in your garage (even better our product does NOT use a laptop or require software to be installed).

The link is in my signature!

Old 02-04-2019, 05:20 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy
Unless you buy the "tool" to do the job properly your only real option is a visit to a dealer.

You ought to be able to afford $170 for the sake of your life.
I make such a tool (sorry for the repetition, just want people to be aware we have an affordable and very easy to use tool now for the DIY crowd). Link is in my signature!

Quick Reply: Possible air in ABS / bleeding question