Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need option on Rain suit 98285-14VM

 
  #21  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:43 AM
BuzzCap7's Avatar
BuzzCap7
BuzzCap7 is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location:
Posts: 14,491
Received 1,885 Likes on 1,205 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Harlee5438 View Post
I bought an HD heavy rain suit(gray/black)about 12yrs ago,if not mistaken paid over $200 ,still have it and am not sorry for spending that much,been thru most of the states and never really got wet,there were times where I had to pull over on the highway on the shoulder cause it was raining so hard,boots may get a bit wet but thats about it.HD heavy suits are really good quality rain gear,I'd buy it again.Just my .02.
That is actually a good point that maybe I should make clear.

My raingear (heavy rain gear) was expensive as anything with Harley at us. But I now have it for approximately 8 years and it is still in great shape doing a great job.

It was worth the $$$ spent.

 
  #22  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:54 AM
coolbreeze3646's Avatar
coolbreeze3646
coolbreeze3646 is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Stewartstown, PA
Posts: 659
Received 222 Likes on 135 Posts
Default

Or you could go with the "New Arrival" at HD, FXRG Rain Jacket @ $345.00 and Rain Pants @ $360.00 sold separately.
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...t-9810219vm--1
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...t-9837419vm--1

Have not looked at them at the dealers; however, for that price, they should automatically put themselves on like the Iron Man suit when it starts raining.
 
  #23  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:05 AM
BuzzCap7's Avatar
BuzzCap7
BuzzCap7 is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location:
Posts: 14,491
Received 1,885 Likes on 1,205 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by coolbreeze3646 View Post
Or you could go with the "New Arrival" at HD, FXRG Rain Jacket @ $345.00 and Rain Pants @ $360.00 sold separately.
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...t-9810219vm--1
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...t-9837419vm--1

Have not looked at them at the dealers; however, for that price, they should automatically put themselves on like the Iron Man suit when it starts raining.
No freaking way.
No freaking way.
No freaking way.
CB, I had to click on your link and check it out myself. Honestly my friend, I still do not believe it. I would put a trash bag over my head and where that far raingear before I ever spent as much as $345 for that raingear. I still do not believe it.

 
  #24  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:29 AM
WP50's Avatar
WP50
WP50 is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 2,515
Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7 View Post
No freaking way.
No freaking way.
No freaking way.
CB, I had to click on your link and check it out myself. Honestly my friend, I still do not believe it. I would put a trash bag over my head and where that far raingear before I ever spent as much as $345 for that raingear. I still do not believe it.
345 is just the coat. WOW Pants are 360 Wow again
 
  #25  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:22 PM
BuzzCap7's Avatar
BuzzCap7
BuzzCap7 is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location:
Posts: 14,491
Received 1,885 Likes on 1,205 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by WP50 View Post
345 is just the coat. WOW Pants are 360 Wow again
That reminds me of "DO I LOOK THAT STUPID?!?!"

Honestly I would not buy it. THAT is ROBBERY!!!!!

I would go to a competitor if it were possible.

That is nothing short of insane. I may have to go back later and see if that IS really so. Still hard to believe it. And that was for the TOP only........................AMAZING!!!!!!
 
  #26  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:43 PM
coolbreeze3646's Avatar
coolbreeze3646
coolbreeze3646 is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Stewartstown, PA
Posts: 659
Received 222 Likes on 135 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7 View Post
That reminds me of "DO I LOOK THAT STUPID?!?!"

Honestly I would not buy it. THAT is ROBBERY!!!!!

I would go to a competitor if it were possible.

That is nothing short of insane. I may have to go back later and see if that IS really so. Still hard to believe it. And that was for the TOP only........................AMAZING!!!!!!
BC7 - I had a hard time believing it also, had to look twice and then again on the price. Wonder how many they will sell. If it was a waterproof textile riding jacket with armor I could see the price, but for a rain suit hahahHahaha.
Maybe they will throw a set in when you buy a CVO Limited for about $44,000.00 MSRP. NOTE: Dealer invoice is about $36,428.00 https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...d-pricing.html
 
  #27  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:02 PM
BuzzCap7's Avatar
BuzzCap7
BuzzCap7 is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location:
Posts: 14,491
Received 1,885 Likes on 1,205 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by coolbreeze3646 View Post
BC7 - I had a hard time believing it also, had to look twice and then again on the price. Wonder how many they will sell. If it was a waterproof textile riding jacket with armor I could see the price, but for a rain suit hahahHahaha.
Maybe they will throw a set in when you buy a CVO Limited for about $44,000.00 MSRP. NOTE: Dealer invoice is about $36,428.00 https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...d-pricing.html

Ok CB, ALL good points. It will be interesting if they drop the price since they do not have takers. Honestly, I can't get over it.

You know...........to a certain degree I take it as an insult HD would even attempt to do something like that. It is outrageous. Maybe it was a typo? A misunderstanding when it was posted for both pieces.

Really, who would cough up THAT much $$$ for that item? I just do not get it and still am bewildered.

A bit surprised so few responded to this point. Maybe others think it is reasonable. HARD to believe that.
 
  #28  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Dirty Harry's Avatar
Dirty Harry
Dirty Harry is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,489
Received 224 Likes on 128 Posts
Default


This is my Harley's rain suit. I don't ride in the rain but sometimes my Harley gets caught outside when it rains !!
 
  #29  
Old 01-12-2019, 12:21 AM
Prot's Avatar
Prot
Prot is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 14,450
Received 3,915 Likes on 2,158 Posts
Default

Buzz

Maybe most people don't get all twisted up on something that doesn't affect them.

The hi viz suit I posted is what many use and some use other options or cheaper options.

If something is too expensive most of us just ignore it and get what suits our needs at a price that we are comfortable with

It's not like we are talking about there being only one source for food and that source was charging one thousand dollars per serving and there was no alternative.
 
  #30  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:49 AM
Burbur2
Burbur2 is offline
Road Captain
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 660
Likes: 0
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post

This is my Harley's rain suit. I don't ride in the rain but sometimes my Harley gets caught outside when it rains !!
what is your bike year and milage on it?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: