General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Let Others ON Your Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by 2whlr4life
Inquiring minds want to know; When ladies wear scottish outfits (kilts), is it like the guys, sans underwear?
i believe it’s optional😀😀😜

Old 01-12-2019, 04:56 PM
heizlod
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one has ever rode my bike, and only my wife and kids have ever sat on my bike, I did catch my 5 year old sitting on it one day without me. looked out the front door just in time to see him lean forward like he was riding fast, it was cute, but I quickly got him off the bike. but watching him get off it was kinda cool. for a 5 year old he did very well not to touch the rear fender when he swung his leg off.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:00 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by heizlod
No one has ever rode my bike, and only my wife and kids have ever sat on my bike, I did catch my 5 year old sitting on it one day without me. looked out the front door just in time to see him lean forward like he was riding fast, it was cute, but I quickly got him off the bike. but watching him get off it was kinda cool. for a 5 year old he did very well not to touch the rear fender when he swung his leg off.
Things like that sort of scare me. You know. If the bike was hot. I suspect u have the covered. Hell of a way to learn. Don;t want to turn the kid against bikes with a bad young burn experience.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:29 PM
heizlod
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Things like that sort of scare me. You know. If the bike was hot. I suspect u have the covered. Hell of a way to learn. Don;t want to turn the kid against bikes with a bad young burn experience.
luckily she hadn't been ridden in about an hour and was cool to the touch. him and I had a talk about climbing on daddys bike and why it was important that he didn't climb on it without me. I think he understood, only time will tell.

Last edited by heizlod; 01-12-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling and understanding of what i wrote.
The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Long lonesome highwayman
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,836 Likes on 2,363 Posts

1. Except for one motorcycle (a 400cc Honda) all of my motorcycles have been used and had a few blemishes scratches etc on them. (no dings or dents) I've never had anyone ask to ride any of my motorcycles Even so, the list of people I would let or offer to ride one of my motorcycles (or even drive my POS car) is very small. It would have to be someone who I trust in their ability to ride, plus that they can cover it if there's damage. I've never asked to ride someone else's motorcycle, but I've had several people over the decades allow me to ride theirs. One was even a guy who had a custom show winner bike that cost more than my first house. I was floored that he trusted me enough to ride it because he didn't make such offers casually.

2. Only one adult has ever asked to sit on any of my bikes (a granddaughter) Perhaps I should own better looking bikes. Although I have had plenty of people look at my bikes like they want to ask but were waiting for me to offer. I don't know if it's because of the motorcycles or that they have custom made seat covers. I have gotten a few compliments and questions about the seat covers. The granddaughter said if I ever want to sell the Sportster that she wants to buy it. She sat on my old Sportster and revved up the engine but never asked to ride it. Plus she doesn't have a motorcycle endorsement anyway.

Some of my great grandkids have all asked to sit on my motorcycles and I've let them, but I'm with them to make sure no minor accidents happen, either to them or the motorcycles.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:12 PM
AaBorokokok
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1). If it's someone I know and trust and they can ride a bike why not? Had a couple of my mates and family ride my bike and I ride theirs, good fun

2). If they ask why not... If they want to get it off the kickstand I usually help them up and try to hold the bike just in case anything happens

Old 01-13-2019, 02:36 AM
sechracer
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker NH

My 97 Springer
Gotta love Tilted Kilt!!!

Rocker NH (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 10:39 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
Yes to both questions if we're talking about the right people. It's a machine, not a Leonardo Da Vinci original.

Is this your indie?

If it were, my bike would be in the shop most of the time.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:30 AM
sr230mike
Road Captain
Received 94 Likes on 59 Posts

Yes both of my sons who both ride their own the oldest is career military when he comes home he gets the keys to the kingdom . My brother who rides his own. Back in the day we would trade his Vette for my Harley. My wife's uncle who always insisted I ride his when we would visit.
Lots of nieces and nephews have been in the seat and like above if they want I start it and let them twist the throttle .
Don't miss understand I love my bike and take good care of it but it is mostly stock and not that fragile.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 557 Likes on 308 Posts

My bike is so beautiful that a n adult movie maker asked to use it in a scene they were filming.
i figured why not as they wiped it down after.

BuzzCap7 (01-14-2019)

Quick Reply: Do You Let Others ON Your Bike?