General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Let Others ON Your Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 10:24 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,412 Likes on 1,388 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Rocker NH

My 97 Springer

Inquiring minds want to know; When ladies wear scottish outfits (kilts), is it like the guys, sans underwear?

Old 01-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

I have let others ride my SuperGlide and I have let non-riders sit on my SuperGlide. Really depends on who is asking and my knowing if they are a rider or not.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:49 AM
rfulford
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

1. No to just anyone riding my bike. I don't care if the Tech rides it, its has a camera system on it and they know about the camera and are not going to beat on it for that reason. If I knew the person and knew that they could ride, I wouldn't mind if we traded bikes for a little while. Did that once when I was a lot younger and had a Honda 750 K4. Friend had a new 1980 Harley Police Special that he let me ride. It was huge compared to the Honda, but pretty nimble.
2. As you can see from my Avitar taken in 1958 or so, someone back then let me on their Harley and I was hooked ever since. Sort of like my cousin letting me ride in his 1966 Corvette. Got a Corvette now too....I always let kids sit on the bike as long as I am there beside it so they don't rock it off the stand or try to crank it up. Don't have many adults ask to sit on mine. Usually its a female relative that wants to ride, not just sit on it....
I remember being out at the Grand Canyon years ago and as I got back to the bike, a older couple with a son who had disabilities was standing by the bike looking at it. I let him get on it and take a photo or two with the couple. He thought more of that photo than of looking at the Grand Canyon, so yes its ok to let folks sit on the bike.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Motorcycles are like toothbrushes; not meant to be shared.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:37 PM
riverbound51
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends who it is, but yes to both.
If I know them well and know they can ride, they can ride any of my bikes.
I have let family and friends who have asked, if they can sit on one of my bikes.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:31 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

I used to be no touchie, now I dont care. Last summer an older couple was interested in a trike, I heard them talking, the dealership at that point did not have to ride. This particular dealership treats me very well.
I told the guy if he wanted to ride one he could use mine. He did not want to go out on the road, so he rode it around the parking lot and a used car lot for 15 minutes or so.
He and his wife thanked me a 100 times. They came back and bought one.
Dealer handed me a check for $100. Every one was happy.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:32 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,477 Likes on 2,477 Posts

Answers to 1&2: Not just no, HELL emmereffin' NO! I don't even like when the GF goes to get on it without me;but she's new to the Harley thing & doesn't really understand.
Especially don't let those bikini bimbos touch my bike at the bike wash. Most women don't have a sense on taking proper care of things like vehicles; it isn't hard-wired into 'em like it is with guys.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:28 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,331 Likes on 10,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazador
BUZZ,
What's the deal? They don't have winter in Florida.
Any way....
1. I have let a few ride it.
2. I have let many sit on it. Just ask first.
it's a machine.

Huh? What? Whatcha mean? You woke me up.

Personally I thin Florida has 1 season for the most part. And that is supper. Oh, sorry. I am hungry. Summer.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:39 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

So far nobody has ridden the Limited other than a few service guys, and me. The only other person to sit on the bike is my wife, and that's because we are going to ride. Nobody else has ever asked to use the bike, or even sit on it. Very few of my friends ride. If someone asked me to take them for a ride, I would consider it, depending on the person.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:54 PM
moparnut72
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I just remembered something that happened a couple of years ago. I had ridden into a store that sold boots looking for a new pair. The owner asked me about my bike. She said her husband was meeting some friends in Colorado for a trip around some of the state. He was going to fly out and rent a car and follow his buddies who would rent bikes. She said he didn't have his endorsement anymore but would take the test if he had a bike to ride. Did I know of anyone that had a small bike he could borrow. I said he was more than welcome to use my Sporty, not the best bike for the test but would work. He used it a couple of time to practice and took it for the test. He passed just fine and rode with his friends. I had a Custom with the large tank, it was full everytime he brought it back. He would also be good for any damage. They also gave me a nice gift certificate to the store and a nice set of beer glasses.
kk

Last edited by moparnut72; 01-12-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Do You Let Others ON Your Bike?