Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Forum Members React to the Lastest LiveWire Report (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1267184-forum-members-react-to-the-lastest-livewire-report.html)

Wowser 01-11-2019 08:08 PM

For the club members wondering where your hdforums shirt is...

kngpn 01-11-2019 08:44 PM

What my comment wasn’t news worthy

TriGeezer 01-11-2019 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by kngpn (Post 17953658)

Neither was mine. What a lame waste of internet space.

CanadianRocky 01-12-2019 08:40 AM

I can think of no practical use for it. Harley people won’t buy it, and it is way to expensive to draw sales from the Non- Harley crowd. It might have been a good exercise in engineering, but it probably will end up being an exercise in futility as a marketable entity.

VAFish 01-12-2019 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by soldierbot (Post 17952675)
If they quote you three times, you get a free Livewire.!!!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...de548dd9b5.png

Can I get a Livewire for 2/3 of list price instead? I'd pay $10,000 for one.

RGFLA 01-13-2019 12:17 PM

Glad to see Harley Davidson is looking to the future. The price is high now but will come down in the next few years. I believe they say it will go 110 miles on a full charge. With only a 3.3 gallon tank on a 2019 ROADSTER it will only go 150 miles before it needs a fill up. Here in Florida most Walgreen's have fast chargers so you can fully charge the livewire in under an hour just about anywhere.

The livewire will not need a lot of MNT such as oil changes clutch cables etc mainly tires and breaks

This bike is for urban riding not for long hauls. In 5 years the range will be over 200 miles and the price will drop then you take it for a long ride. This thing will hit 60 MPH in 3.5 and is built to Tesla type standards. There are many cheaper electric motorcycles out there but not built to the HD quility we have come to expect in the past few years.

A livewire starts at 29K plus TTL you can get a 2019 Roadster for example for 12K plus 3K to make it your own and pay for gas for a few years for the price of the Livewire but this bike is cutting edge technology and for that you have to pay. If HD ignores new technology they are doomed to die as hundreds of other companies have done. Personaly I salute HD for putting out the Livewire.

CanadianRocky 01-13-2019 12:47 PM

If it is an Urban bike you want.....1/20th the cost..... pack an extra battery, has close to the same range.... and will go exactly the same speed at 30mph as the LiveWire.... but has the added options of pedaling your ass home if the batteries run out .... and needs no insurance to ride.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...8ff0c64240.jpg
... and no one will ever say "I cant believe I was that stupid".

TheMurf 01-13-2019 04:04 PM

Reaction to live wire

In my humble opinion if the live wire last five years it will be a merical. Far to expensive with hadly any infusiam from the Harley base, with very little range,is a disaster waiting to happen in the market. Even if it had the range of 200 miles or more,where are you going to charge it when you are out on some back country road.? Does It come with an extension cord ? Who pays for the electric when it needs a charge ? What is the impact on the national grid to handle this ? What is the impact on the environment with all the used batteries ? There is good news, went shopping with my wife the other day and the stores in our area are eliminating plastic bags .Will not be long befote we go back to paper bags and glass bottles like it was in the 60''s.
I might be wrong but I predict the live wire will end off in the Harley museum next to the vrod, night train and Heritage Springer.

SBRob 01-13-2019 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by kngpn (Post 17953658)

Same here...I want a refund. :icon_neutral:

Roadflyer 01-14-2019 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by RGFLA (Post 17957114)
Glad to see Harley Davidson is looking to the future. The price is high now but will come down in the next few years. I believe they say it will go 110 miles on a full charge. With only a 3.3 gallon tank on a 2019 ROADSTER it will only go 150 miles before it needs a fill up. Here in Florida most Walgreen's have fast chargers so you can fully charge the livewire in under an hour just about anywhere.

The livewire will not need a lot of MNT such as oil changes clutch cables etc mainly tires and breaks

This bike is for urban riding not for long hauls. In 5 years the range will be over 200 miles and the price will drop then you take it for a long ride. This thing will hit 60 MPH in 3.5 and is built to Tesla type standards. There are many cheaper electric motorcycles out there but not built to the HD quility we have come to expect in the past few years.

A livewire starts at 29K plus TTL you can get a 2019 Roadster for example for 12K plus 3K to make it your own and pay for gas for a few years for the price of the Livewire but this bike is cutting edge technology and for that you have to pay. If HD ignores new technology they are doomed to die as hundreds of other companies have done. Personaly I salute HD for putting out the Livewire.

Hmmm...op's very first post trying to pump up the livewire, seems suspicious.