Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   service manuals (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1267477-service-manuals.html)

Michael R Moore 01-14-2019 09:30 AM

service manuals

best place to get em? looking for a 2014 street glide.

I purchased a Clymer for my old sportster online way back when...but cant seem to find em these days...

Spartanden 01-14-2019 10:03 AM

you should be able to find on line..... I always recommend you get the factory service manual and the factory parts manual. They seem to have the best info, and the parts manual has great exploded view pictures that can help when working on too. I also recommend that you get a notebook and record all your maintenance, repairs, accessories, etc. I have separate pages set up for oil changes so I can easily refer back. Great reference source.

TriGeezer 01-14-2019 10:18 AM

I wouldn’t recommend anything other than the factory/service manual. It’s worth the few extra $. You should be able to order the 14 Tiuring Service Manuel at your dealer,

Het 01-14-2019 11:02 AM

I just scored a 2014 Factory Touring manual off of ebay for $60

Brewmany 01-14-2019 11:14 AM

Ditto on the advice to get the HD manual. Dealers carry them, a few of the discount online dealers do as well, plus possibly used ones being sold wherever...............

The price of these things shot up- I bought the one for my 2014 Limited from Boardtracker, for just about $60, but that was almost 5 years ago.

Regardless of the current higher cost, if you are doing your own work, the manual will quickly pay for itself.

Dieselsoftail 01-14-2019 11:24 AM

i just scored my service manual and electrical diag, both for 100 on ebay. seemed like a deal so I bit. Boardtraccker and new castle were the cheapest new online.

deadbroke 01-14-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Het (Post 17959241)
I just scored a 2014 Factory Touring manual off of ebay for $60

Definitely check ebay. I got one for my 2008 RK for $40,it didn't even have a fingerprint on it.

470004 01-14-2019 04:05 PM

You can also check on this forum; Forum, Harley Davidson Classified, Want to buy motorcycles/parts/accessories or Motorcycles parts for sale. I you want new;www.boardtrackerharleyonline.com, www.surdyke.com.

Dirty Harry 01-14-2019 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Spartanden (Post 17959112)
you should be able to find on line..... I always recommend you get the factory service manual and the factory parts manual. They seem to have the best info, and the parts manual has great exploded view pictures that can help when working on too. I also recommend that you get a notebook and record all your maintenance, repairs, accessories, etc. I have separate pages set up for oil changes so I can easily refer back. Great reference source.

^^^^^^^^ This

Screamin beagle 01-14-2019 06:23 PM

Look here, ebay... i found the supplement for my bike on Amazon for 30 bucks. If you can't find used look at boardtracker.com, I think I paid around 100 for mine but it's priceless if you're going to to any type of work on your bike. Skip the online pirated crap.