General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a bunch of stubborn Arses we are

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 10:44 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Labrador
..... But what I do have is a dream that came true
....... and what more can a sane man truly ask for ?
............ you rock, Labrador !!

Old 01-27-2019, 11:36 PM
Blue Scoot
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

To the OP, keep fighting my man and don't ever give up! My best friend lost the fight to Lyme disease a couple of years ago, he was only 26. I miss him every day and wish I could have just one more beer with him.

Just remember, death doesn't just happen to one person. It's all of us that have to figure out how the hell are we going to go on without that loved one.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:04 AM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,316 Likes on 2,200 Posts

Good thread OP. I'm sure your avatar perks you up a little bit.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:44 AM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,248 Likes on 6,008 Posts

Good Luck! Hope you heal soon and well. I understand what you're saying. To me its not so much Harley riders, but us old f***s who are stubborn and won't give up.....

Old 01-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,341 Likes on 3,310 Posts

Awesome post, very motivational.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:54 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Labrador
I ride as much as I can, even if it means that the next few days I will be dead tired and barely unable to move my arms or legs. You might ask why I put myself through that. Let me tell you. When I get on that bike and hear her roar and feel her vibrating, it stirs up all my senses and at that moment I forget about everything that ails me. As I pull away, I feel the wind, I feel her majestic power through the handle bars and a surge of endorphins and adrenaline rushes through my body. That feeling is just amazing!!
Yep, some days it seems to take the pain somewhere else. Nothing like it, keep enjoying the little things, in the end they are the big things.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:03 AM
MajorKG
Club Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

Great read, inspiring and makes my little issue pale by comparison!

Old 01-28-2019, 10:02 AM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

Thank you all for your inspiring comments and good wishes. I often tell my wife that motorcyclists are cut from a different cloth. Why else would we go out riding in the cold when there is a comfortable vehicle in the garage with heat in it? Or that the temperature is in the 90's and we are wearing leather while riding.

For those of you who suffer from any illnesses, physical or mental, I say this: don't ever give up and keep fighting it. The alternative is not much better.

Stay healthy guys!

Old 01-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Great post! I have my own problems, a crumbling spine has left me with chronic pain 24/7.
Sometimes I do think of selling my bike and giving up on riding, but then my love of bikes stops me from making that bad decision.
I've decided to keep riding, even though it might just be a cruise around town, at least it gets me out and in the wind.
I'd never get close to what I have in it, probably 1/2 if I was lucky, so I'll just keep it until I can no longer ride it.
If that happens, then maybe I'd to the tilting motorworks conversion. or go to a trike.
Your post gave me some inspiration to keep on riding.
Thanks for that.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:51 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

A sincere thanks and best wishes to the OP. Post made me tear up and reflect on the loss of my life long best friend to a brutal battle with brain / spinal cancer. Near the end, I was whining about some petty work BS and he said, “ Brother l hope you learn something from my fate.” At times I slip, but it changed my perspective going forward.... Grateful for the gift, don’t sweat the trivial,...enjoy the ride.

Last edited by No U Glider; 01-28-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quick Reply: What a bunch of stubborn Arses we are