Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley announces profits wiped out by trade tariffs

Old 02-11-2019, 10:46 PM
HiDrag
One Of The Regulars
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMurf View Post
Reading all this I got ask in 1993 if you made 75k and today you make 85k did anyone invest any of those earnings in a 401k ? If so, how much do you figure your return on investment was over those last 26 years? I'LL bet is was alot more than the 30k cost of a new bike. If you got out of the market in 08 and never got back in you lost over 300 percent . If you can borrow against your 401, take a loan against your 401k and pay yourself back and go buy a new bike. If you didn't invest in a 401k or a investment account who's fault is that ?
The gentleman wasn't looking for financing alternatives for a $30K bike. He said he wasn't interested in a $30K bike on an $85K salary.
Read any book on modern wealth management and you will see the #2 tactic is sorting out what is essential/needed expenses vs what is wanted/discretionary - and learning to say "NO". He said NO.
Motorcycles aren't essential for most people and fail to make the cut. We don't need to argue that point - the proof is in the MOCO's sales figures.

The following users liked this post: HiDrag
jamala00 (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 08:02 AM
GOV5
Road Master
Liked 130 Times in 103 Posts

Originally Posted by HiDrag View Post
The gentleman wasn't looking for financing alternatives for a $30K bike. He said he wasn't interested in a $30K bike on an $85K salary.
Read any book on modern wealth management and you will see the #2 tactic is sorting out what is essential/needed expenses vs what is wanted/discretionary - and learning to say "NO". He said NO.
Motorcycles aren't essential for most people and fail to make the cut. We don't need to argue that point - the proof is in the MOCO's sales figures.
I had asked you to respond to my post after you posted a graph to me. You don't need to now. From reading your last two posts, I now get your point. You and I are saying the same thing. When you stated the figures about inflation from the Govt, I understood. At first, I thought you were disagreeing with me, but I was stupid. You were showing a graph that backed up my premise.
And thanks for showing those figures too. That clears up a lot of things.

Last edited by GOV5; 02-12-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Bama Lee XLC
Club Member
Liked 133 Times in 89 Posts

closing American factories.......opening factories overseas and importing engines and other parts made there for pennies on the $......crying about new trade tariffs..........

didn't think things through huh?

kneejerk management causes this on a regular basis

Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Master
Liked 96 Times in 74 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
Sorry to disagree with you on the economy, but I don't see it like you do. We are NOT in a BETTER economy than the late 90's and early 2000's. Don't believe that stuff you see on TV and comments from politicians. Wages back then were better, comparatively, and there were more higher paying jobs. There was more U.S. manufacturing and jobs too. THAT is what is hurting Harley, and a lot of other Companies in the U.S. too. The entire world economy is just no where near like it was back then.
What ever you do don’t mention the crap tax returns I hear we’re all getting this year and the tax cuts big business got.

Then you might really **** someone off.

Wiz 🍻

Old 02-13-2019, 07:39 AM
CobraRacer
One Of The Regulars
Liked 90 Times in 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus View Post

What ever you do don’t mention the crap tax returns I hear we’re all getting this year and the tax cuts big business got.

Then you might really **** someone off.

Wiz 🍻

You must be talking about the propaganda the media is already putting out there in so-called stories of people being shocked about their small refunds or what they owe?
In every one of these so-called stories in the comments section people have explained to these adult morons that by having less tax money taken out of your paychecks (tax cuts) you are going to get less money back from your interest free loan that you gave the government last year.
The headlines all made it sound like there was some sort of new tax law that caused their lower refunds (insinuating the middle class tax cuts are a fraud). In fact the child tax credit was doubled (one example).

The following 2 users liked this post by CobraRacer:
Greezey Rider (02-15-2019), HiDrag (02-14-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 07:49 AM
Hi-perf old poop
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

H-D thinks the tariffs hurt them ? Wait wait till us die hard old poop are gone.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: