General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Queens

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:26 PM
pipeman1978
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff

Had to check. One of these has a LTR-RTL on the Derby Cover, but I know it had 5K + miles put on it in 2 weeks last year. There are lots of reasons bike have the mileage they do. Bottom line, if it's not yours it doesn't really matter mileage, color, chrome, blacked out, etc.. I know I don't ride as much as I once did and I'll swap a weekend ride for a visit with grandkids in a heartbeat - 9 of them. I also usually buy a bike a year and get it back right and on the road, so the riding I do is divided. When I feel obligated to explain why I ride or how much to anyone that didn't pay for my bike, I'll let you know.
Nice collection! My eye was drawn right to the blue and white one on then tender. I think if I was to buy another bike it would be an Evo ultra or a glide type. Sorry I just can't think of all the names but you get my drift.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:53 AM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 398 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
When I feel obligated to explain why I ride or how much to anyone that didn't pay for my bike, I'll let you know.
I didn’t ask for any explanation nor justification. Clearly, you like many others, can’t or won’t read what’s written. The comment made was that while I am looking a used bikes I noticed a trend that many of the bikes with extremely low miles all seem to have the “live to ride” crap bolted everywhere where as the bikes that are actually ridden don’t have that. It’s irony. That’s all i was pointing out.

It’s nit about what you do, how much you ride, where you put your gas cap, it’s about a trend I noticed that was humorous.

The following users liked this post:
Cazador (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorlaw

I didn’t ask for any explanation nor justification. Clearly, you like many others, can’t or won’t read what’s written. The comment made was that while I am looking a used bikes I noticed a trend that many of the bikes with extremely low miles all seem to have the “live to ride” crap bolted everywhere where as the bikes that are actually ridden don’t have that. It’s irony. That’s all i was pointing out.

It’s nit about what you do, how much you ride, where you put your gas cap, it’s about a trend I noticed that was humorous.
But you tried to convey the humor to the crowd that ran off a young girl that wanted to display her wears. That was a tough sell.
Maybe humor is lost on this "get off my lawn" crowd?
I never understood the need to put that RTL trash on everything. But Harley sure did exploit it.
BTW yes it is humorous.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:47 AM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,550 Posts

I get IRONY as stated earlier. There is also IRONY in those who don't want to be judged, lives as they wish, and ride FREE, finding Irony and judging other doing their thing.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,175 Likes on 5,604 Posts

Well I guess this will teach you to post something on an open forum for discussion. Maybe next time you'll know better. LOL

Old 02-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Squidbilly*
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 118 Posts

My 16 ultra limited has all that stuff on it when I got it,
Plus the tank&hard bag covers,
7 color Mood lighting that I didn't know it had till the shop guy handed me the remote when I got ready to take it home
Just means to me that I ain't gotta add nothin to it,
2 yrs old at the time with 22k on it,
Me&the Wife just jump on and go,

Can see the OP point though,
My point,
Pay all that $ for it to sit ain't doin it no favors,
My plan is to leave all that **** on there&let folks wonder and stereotype,
Sombitches don't know me,

Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

The only time I would ever be concerned about how much or how little someone rides their motorcycle would be when I'm trying to buy it.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:39 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts
Thumbs up

The only time I would ever be concerned about how much or how little someone rides their motorcycle would be when I'm trying to buy it.
^^^^ yup!

Old 02-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I want HD to merge the Diamond, Skull, Flames and LTR, RTL into one badass collection. Yeah, a flaming skull encrusted with fake diamonds with LTR, RTL. Garage queen dream!

Old 02-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,204 Likes on 940 Posts

As I was scrolling bikes I always run across 10 year old bikes, where the owners are always under the impression that their “investment” is far more valuable than reality, with low miles like most less than 5000.

Now thats all too common, as many people buy these, mod the hell out of them, then put 500 miles per year average, then think they are gonna get most (sometimes even all) of their “investment “ back on the sale. Anyway. That’s another story.

What I am seeing more and more of is that most of these bikes are covered with “Live to Ride” crap (even funnier when the seller says all dealer installed). WTF, live to ride and you did 5k miles in 10 years. Harley should restrict the sales of that **** to those that actually ride.
Why do you care what other people spend or waste their money on? Does it impact you?

The following users liked this post:
hd4evr2008 (02-11-2019)

Quick Reply: Garage Queens