General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD convert...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:41 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, Bye!

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (02-02-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 09:11 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Who the hell cares

The following 3 users liked this post by kngpn:
Bluesrider.df (02-01-2019), SBRob (02-02-2019), tar_snake (02-02-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 01:03 AM
23Seven
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,438 Likes on 656 Posts

... So I’m suppose to go with my Full Face over my Beanie when it’s 100° outside.

Umm yeah.... Not gonna happen, I’m just not as smart as the OP sweating his *** off while I go with jeans, t-shirt and my little half helmet.

Im sure he’s got something little with him 24/7.

I really don’t mind when something needs fix’n on my bike. It gives me a chance to drink beer in the garage.

I never see a garge opened with a guy working working on his BMW?? Is that because they take them to the shop then drink frapaccinos and listen to the Village People while VonWeinershintzel wrenches on their bike??

Just Think’n

Old 02-02-2019, 03:05 AM
K. Lindberg
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Trolls

I have seen simillary threads on other Motorcycle forums.

Sportbikes vs. Harleys.
Indian vs. Harleys.
BMW vs. Harleys.

Most often they are started by someone just to stirr things up, so he and his friends on the other community/forum can have a laugh at the reactions and responses.

I can not tell if the Guy that started this thread is sincere, a Troll or just plain stupid, but I think it would be best for him and this forum if the divorce is swift and irreversible...

Old 02-02-2019, 05:02 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,659 Likes on 3,224 Posts

Make like the birds and flock off, Dieter

Old 02-02-2019, 06:37 AM
blackxpress
Road Master
Received 492 Likes on 241 Posts

If I was going to buy a bike for reliability it would not be a BMW. I used to own one of their cars. It was nice, fun to drive and all but boy oh boy was it ever expensive to repair when it did break. No thanks. When it comes to reliability give me Jap any day. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, take your pick. As it is, I’m satisfied with my Harley. It’s been faithful to a fault. I trust it to take me anywhere and if it does break down I can do most repairs myself in my garage with standard hand tools. For everything else I can take it to my local independent shop.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Long lonesome highwayman
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,836 Likes on 2,363 Posts

Originally Posted by joe40x
I thought that women liked vibrations
One of my female relatives want's my frame mounted Sportster and yet she's never ridden it. The most she's done is sit on it and rev it up.

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Seems to be a pattern- Knock HD riders (after all, we're all EXACTLY the same!) for not being ATGATT enough, offer financial advice on what to do with that pesky HD stock, and now cherry pick a few complaints from other owners to tell us all how much more enlightened his life is no longer owning a Harley.

I must be one of the lucky few who managed to snag a well built, reliable Harley. I wear a 3/4 helmet. And usually denim jeans, and sometimes short sleeved shirts.

For a pot stirrer the OP seems to be relatively lazy. 3 posts in 2 years? I think the OP can do better.
Originally Posted by maydaymike
Nearly 60k trouble free miles on my '14 Street Bob. Nothing but oil, tires, brake pads, and a few light bulbs. Maybe I managed to escape all the common Harley problems by riding in an Aerostich suit and full face helmet? Maybe the BMW guys could avoid all their common problems by going lidless with t-shirt and jeans.
Based on the OP you two and I must be the only ones with mostly trouble free Harley's. (although I did have to have the starter rebuilt on my 98 EG after 50K miles.) Even when the starter acted up it still worked 50% of the starter attempts, I just didn't want to wait till it got to where it wouldn't work at all. Oh, and a few years ago I had to replace the battery on my 98 Sportster. It was the original battery from '98 b.t.w. Other than that I've put many thousands of miles and made a few LD trips with the Sportster before I got my 2nd Harley, all trouble free. Other than the battery, everything was just the usual you'd have to do to any MC, (tires wear out, oil and air filter changes, etc.) Yes it vibrates because its a frame mounted engine but none of the rubber mounted Harley's I've been on had excessive vibration at speed.

On the last LD multi state ride I went on one of the riders had a Beemer, another had a GW, while I was on the 98 EG. Nice bikes, nice riders, and we never gave each other crap over our choice of rides, at least as far as brands. One person who had a newer Harley was concerned about me making it there on such an "old" bike with "only" a 1340 cc engine. No one had to slow down though so I could keep up with them and I made it to the destination without any trouble.

Originally Posted by 23Seven
... So I’m suppose to go with my Full Face over my Beanie when it’s 100° outside.

Umm yeah.... Not gonna happen, I’m just not as smart as the OP sweating his *** off while I go with jeans, t-shirt and my little half helmet.

Im sure he’s got something little with him 24/7.

I really don’t mind when something needs fix’n on my bike. It gives me a chance to drink beer in the garage.

I never see a garge opened with a guy working working on his BMW?? Is that because they take them to the shop then drink frapaccinos and listen to the Village People while VonWeinershintzel wrenches on their bike??

Just Think’n
I know plenty of people wear FF helmets when it's extremely hot out so I thought it must just be my head that's different but I have problems doing that. I've got a FF helmet with several vents in it and supposedly it's one of the best for ventilation but every time I've tried to wear it in extremely hot summer weather the heat makes me lightheaded. (even if I take the helmet windscreen off) Both of my Harley's have windshields however. So what's the point about wearing a FF helmet for the reason of safety if it increases the chance I'm going increase my odds of having an accident simply by wearing it?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:44 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Most people leave HD and go somewhere else, and that is fine. Over time they see the error and come back.

OP, please dont.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,006 Likes on 1,999 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Screamin beagle:
GREENOHAWK69 (02-05-2019), tar_snake (02-02-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 12:20 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 900 Posts

I've never quite understood why guys who don't like a party....feel like they have to complain about the food, pass a nasty fart and then slam the door. Whatever happened to being man enough to quietly excuse yourself and go home to your dog?

The following 4 users liked this post by StoneTrekker:
HiDrag (02-02-2019), Kingglide549 (02-02-2019), mctraveler (02-02-2019), tar_snake (02-02-2019)

Quick Reply: HD convert...