Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Warranty Question (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1270415-warranty-question.html)

Scudda 02-08-2019 06:27 AM

Warranty Question

I bought my bike used and am wondering if there are any sites out there that you can use to look up if any warranty work was done on the bike while it was still under warranty?

Brewmany 02-08-2019 07:44 AM

I don't know of any, other than try contacting the MOCO, and see if they have that information and if they be willing to share it with you.
Possibly the dealer that did the work, but to me that is even more "iffy" than contacting the MOCO. You'd have to know what dealer(s) may have done the work, if they kept the records, etc....

rick601 02-08-2019 08:00 AM

Warranty work, IDK, recall work, for sure

BobRR 02-08-2019 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Scudda (Post 18020201)
I bought my bike used and am wondering if there are any sites out there that you can use to look up if any warranty work was done on the bike while it was still under warranty?

I am pretty sure that any work that was performed on the bike by a Harley Dealership, anywhere, is recorded in a common database that uses the VIN number as a primary key. If that is true, then any Harley Dealership should be able to put in the VIN number and get a complete record of all work performed. Work not performed by a authorized Harley Dealership would probably not be in that database.

PDB17UltraRG 02-08-2019 08:04 AM

Your dealer should have a record of all the work done to the bike thats something you should have looked at before you bought it they keep records of all recalls and work done in the past.

m1369x 02-08-2019 08:21 AM

Bought mine used & out of state , The dealer I've been using , every time they have done any thing as they are explaining what was done they check for recalls , Last year I asked if they could pull up the dealer ship work history , All they were able to pull up was a fluid change dated about 6 months before I bought the bike , I was vary surprised considering todays technology

BobRR 02-08-2019 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by m1369x (Post 18020495)
Bought mine used & out of state , The dealer I've been using , every time they have done any thing as they are explaining what was done they check for recalls , Last year I asked if they could pull up the dealer ship work history , All they were able to pull up was a fluid change dated about 6 months before I bought the bike , I was vary surprised considering todays technology

That surprises me because I would think that Harley Dealerships would want to know the accurate history for each bike that it takes in on trade.

Scudda 02-08-2019 10:31 AM

Yea I am trying to track down if the valve seals were ever done under warranty as it was a known issue on 05 and early 06 bikes and a ton of them were done

cruzercat 02-08-2019 05:18 PM

In CT you can not get service history on a vehicle unless your are the owner of record at time of each service.
very similar to the medical records HIPA laws in place. Recall work you can find out by vin but nothing else. If you bought used go back to fella you purchased from and have him acquire all records for work done at the dealer. Hope this helps

hardheaded 02-08-2019 05:36 PM

I would think that any dealer anywhere could pull the history by the Vin. number. I know in the auto dealer world they can and i don't see the bike world being any different.