Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more factory open house on York Bike Night

Old 02-13-2019, 08:20 AM
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 329 Likes on 295 Posts

Bad move on the MOCO.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:44 PM
username already exists
One Of The Regulars
Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Well, that discussion went down the political pretty quickly.

I admire those who still put a lot of effort into such events to aid their communities, but face it, "bike night" events have passed their prime... along with their usual attendees.
When the hotel buffet is a bigger draw than the wet tee shirt contest, it's time to start calling these events something else. And uh, there ain't many 60 year-old women anybody wants to see in a wet tee shirt anyhow.
Wipe the red outta your eyes boys. I'm one of ya! Just pointing out the facts.

Here's something else you won't see in York anymore! WFO racing on one of the best cushion tracks in the east. Thanks city of York.

Last edited by username already exists; 02-13-2019 at 05:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (02-13-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 11:33 AM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMurf View Post
Free job to me means the substanable wage, sit on your ***, do nothing and get a pay check.....Sorry for any confusion. Knee jerk reactions in my opinion. Sorry.
Don't be sorry. Sounds to me like you just described a Professional American Politician

TwiZted Biker (02-14-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 AM
roadmutt
One Of The Regulars
Received 128 Likes on 78 Posts

I didn't take that statement so much as a diss to the current customer base but corporate weasel speak for "we're saving money."

In addition to factory tours, the open house had factory demo rides. Since you have to hand over your life story and a DNA sample to get one of the little cards, they have a **** ton of data from it. Probably looked at the overall expense of that day plus how many of those demo rides turned into actual sales, and decided the return on investment wasn't there to justify it.

Too bad, but life goes on. Like Michael Corleone said: it's not personal, it's strictly business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: