Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Power vision tuner questions (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1270930-power-vision-tuner-questions.html)

dnew004 02-12-2019 12:07 PM

Power vision tuner questions

Hi all,
I have the opportunity to buy a power vision from a reputable company for $350. I have seen all over that Fuel Moto is the way to go. Is the extra $50 worth it to go with Fuel Moto? I'm kind of curious how hard it would be to use the PV without a Fuel Moto map and get a good tune. The power vision website didn't seem to have all that good of a variety of maps for cammed bikes, let alone other upgrades, like a big bore kit.
Thanks

nevil 02-12-2019 12:15 PM

Does this reputable company have any kind of a track record for customer service? For $50 I wouldn't mess around.

Jamesvan 02-12-2019 12:22 PM

Fuel Moto is having a sale right now. $25 dollars off $299 or more. I just purchased a power vision with shipping it was $388.

99Birdman 02-12-2019 12:24 PM

t

Originally Posted by dnew004 (Post 18030489)
Hi all,
I have the opportunity to buy a power vision from a reputable company for $350. I have seen all over that Fuel Moto is the way to go. Is the extra $50 worth it to go with Fuel Moto? I'm kind of curious how hard it would be to use the PV without a Fuel Moto map and get a good tune. The power vision website didn't seem to have all that good of a variety of maps for cammed bikes, let alone other upgrades, like a big bore kit.
Thanks

Fuelmoto will give you the best shot at having a good starting map due to their large library of maps. They also have the best ongoing service around for questions/issues down the road. For $50 (hell, even $100), Fuelmoto is a no-brainer. Not to mention, Powervision is kind of "their thing".

OldMike 02-12-2019 12:58 PM

$350 for a PV, on top of that what would you pay for a dyno tune?
The last PV's I got from Fuel Moto already had the tune I needed minus a small bit of tweaking with AutoTune.
Then if I made a change to the bike they can send out a new tune for any changes.

wadejesu 02-12-2019 01:07 PM

Fuelmoto

Jamie at Fuelmoto

Dehammer 02-12-2019 02:18 PM

The Power Vision works good, Dynojet pissed me off on a warranty issue, I wish I would have gotten one from Fuel Moto.

Support is everything on an item like this.

Be careful with it, take it off your bike when your done, put it somewhere safe.

E8USMCRET 02-12-2019 02:53 PM

My PV from Fuel Moto made a huge difference in the bikes performance. FM will send you a new tune if you make any changes. Sometimes a few bucks saved up front will haunt you in the end. I'd go FM.

skratch 02-12-2019 02:54 PM

and that brings up a good point. buy a powervision anywhere and you get a 1 year warranty. buy a powervision from fuelmoto and they extend the warranty to a 2 year. not to mention the map support that you get.

eaglefan1 02-12-2019 03:30 PM

I didn't go with a PV, but if I did FM would have gotten my business. Customer support with electronics along with warranty are very important