General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think the MoCo reads any of this?

Old 03-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Cozz
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,830 Likes on 1,845 Posts
Default Do you think the MoCo reads any of this?

Do you think think the Motor Company reads any of this on any of these boards? I haven’t found another Harley forum that can compare to this one. It seems like they would be crazy not to. What say you?

Old 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM
BobRR
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Cozz
Do you think think the Motor Company reads any of this on any of these boards? I haven’t found another Harley forum that can compare to this one. It seems like they would be crazy not to. What say you?
I bet they don't. They would probably think it is too negative.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I used to be pretty heavily involved in a Subaru forum. They actually had guys that were pretty high up in product development, marketing and customer relations actively participate on the board. Could be why Subaru is one of the top selling car brands today.

Im not saying Harley has people hired to surf this forum, but I’m sure people from corporate check in here every so often, even if it is to just check the temperature of the room.

Old 03-04-2019, 02:36 PM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 423 Likes on 257 Posts

I don’t think they waste their time with it as the number of people that post here are such a minuscule percentage of the overall HD owners.

They read what the money says.

Old 03-04-2019, 02:37 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

i think any company that sells Harley parts would be crazy not to participate in a forum such as this one. All one has to do is look at Kevin from DK customs and Mark from Baker. Good guys that are full of answers for all of our questions. Plus following Kevin"s adventures is over the top !

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-04-2019, 02:45 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

I highly doubt it . I wrote a letter of complaint to the home office and never even as much as got a reply . So I’m thinking that if they didn’t want to reply to a paying customer they surely are not going check forums, because I believe , that they believe they do not have a problem

Old 03-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,227 Likes on 5,988 Posts

It is my belief that the MoCo does not read this, It is my belief that they are above reading what the common person thinks. They are, after all, THE company and they KNOW what we need/want. Why would they ever go out and do a study or look and see what people think. They will let us know what we want, and what to think. I would agree that if they did read these, or any other forums, and really listen to or think about it, they could do a lot to improve their product. It is a shame they don't understand what people are doing, or what people think, or what we experience. Or what those of our sponsors are doing to improve or fix our problems/issues. There is a great wealth of good information here that they could glean.
Their loss....

Old 03-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

If their are Harley employees who ride and have a part in development then I would say their are absolutely people here eavesdropping. It be a very smart thing to do !!!!!

Old 03-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Pablo94
Tourer
Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

I'm sure they have some low level it type guys in marketing that they pay to gauge public interest and study these forums.

Ever heard of a "blackroom?" Same kind of thing...

Old 03-04-2019, 03:13 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if someone at corporate pokes around the various forums at least once and a while. I'd be very surprised if they ever identified themselves a a MOCO employee.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you think the MoCo reads any of this?