General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever had parts stolen off your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 187 Posts

This made me think of this gas cap from san Diego customs

Old 03-09-2019, 12:42 PM
J_MOSH
Road Warrior
Received 935 Likes on 500 Posts

Nope..... And much like buzz I always leave the helmet on the seat (yah I know that's a whole can of worms) unless I know I'm gonna be gone for hours on end. That's never even walked away on me.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,999 Likes on 1,998 Posts

I was still in high school working at my part time job at one of those wholesale supermarkets. Employees parked in the back and I was riding my 75 suzuki gt 550 at the time. I had just bought a brand new Arthur fulmer full face. Some scumbag cut the helmet off the helmet lock and left me the two d rings...basically made the helmet useless really. That was a budget buster for a high school kid. I went back to old no name storm trooper looking helmet until I got the sporty about a year later. I hate thieves.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,353 Likes on 1,154 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Never. Not only never, but I ALWAYS leave my helmet on my bike except when I go into the hotel for the night.

Interesting question tho......
That reminded me of a helmet being stolen off my bike way back in the 80s I went into a bar ,came out And it was gone .

Old 03-09-2019, 12:52 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

My rear led lens and trim cover were swiped while at an indy getting work done. The Indy denied it was stolen there and said I brought the bike in that way even though we showed him a picture of the bike at his place with the lens intact. Never went back to him again. ********!

Old 03-09-2019, 12:56 PM
mitchxout
Cruiser
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I've been told quick release windshields get stolen but I don't have any personal experience. However, my sleepy little town has been overun with meth, heroin, and homeless. The older bikes where you have to lock the ignition with a key after shutting it off are especially getting targeted. Guys run in a store for a minute and an addict rides off with your bike. My girlfriends' car got stolen recently while we were inside the restaurant having lunch. The police found it later that afternoon after the thief broke into a school. Her car was full of computers and other electronics.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:58 PM
mitchxout
Cruiser
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
My rear led lens and trim cover were swiped while at an indy getting work done. The Indy denied it was stolen there and said I brought the bike in that way even though we showed him a picture of the bike at his place with the lens intact. Never went back to him again. ********!
My buddy had an S&S carb stolen from an Indy for someone else's job. He never got it back and he wasn't the only one. Fortunately, he's no longer in business.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:00 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,773 Likes on 2,112 Posts

A headlight and mirrors from my apartment way back when.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:02 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,620 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
My stubby antenna.

I paid $12.00 for it.
Some Ahole vandalized my whip antenna (bent in half). Replaced it with a flexible stubby that had a small skull at the tip. Some Ahole pulled the tip off. Both incedents parked at taverns.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,834 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Lost a helmet off once and was with a buddy when somebody kicked his S&S carb off his while we were in the bar

Quick Reply: Ever had parts stolen off your bike?