General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1" Bar & Shield Decal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:06 PM
Bob Z.
Road Master

Received 291 Likes on 174 Posts
Default 1" Bar & Shield Decal?

I have been searching for one in Black, that is on a clear background so I can put it on my car and see the paint in the background. If someone has a lead on where I can find one, or if you can make one, please let me know.

By the way, if you are reading this and are here in the Central FL area I hope you are enjoying Bike Week...the weather is beautiful!

Old 03-14-2019, 08:42 PM
Pass Rider
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you try e-Bay or Amazon? Found several using key words “Harley clear decal”

If the description doesn’t include clear, you can ask the seller to describe the decal more completely.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Bob Z.
Road Master

Those were the first places I looked...none in 1" at all. But I did find a few places that appear to make custom ones on Etsy so I sent messages to the shop owners.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:07 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Those were the first places I looked...none in 1" at all. But I did find a few places that appear to make custom ones on Etsy so I sent messages to the shop owners.
I don't know if it matters to you or not, but just so you know, if these shops are producing "custom" H-D products without a license from H-D (which I doubt they have), that would be trademark infringement.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 AM
Bob Z.
Road Master

Makes no difference to me, and I found a couple shops on Etsy that make them and I am talking to them now. They also make Porsche Crest decals so I can get a custom size of that as well.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:52 PM
crtfibl
Supporter
Received 8,389 Likes on 2,807 Posts

Makes no difference to me, and I found a couple shops on Etsy that make them and I am talking to them now. They also make Porsche Crest decals so I can get a custom size of that as well.
You a fellow Porsche / HD guy like me?

Old 03-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Bob Z.
Road Master

Yes I am...recently picked up the Targa GTS I had ordered in the summer; however, I took the FB Lo for a ride since it is Bike Week in the area.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:02 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,919 Likes on 3,019 Posts

You and those like you are what's wrong with this country. Among other things.
You'd be the first to start screaming if that was your trade mark.

The following 2 users liked this post by RANGER73:
pgrchaplain (03-22-2019), tar_snake (03-18-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Bob Z.
Road Master

Geez, how do you know they are not paying royalties to Harley and Porsche? It is not for me to ask since I want what I want and if Harley and Porsche sold what I wanted I would have bought from them, and yes, I did check with them first to see if they had what I wanted. Take a look in your closet, drawers, etc. - if you knew what the people that made most of it were paid or what conditions they worked in would you still buy it? You made you point so now go **** in someone else's thread about something else that bothers you.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:27 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,919 Likes on 3,019 Posts

Geez, how do you know they are not paying royalties to Harley and Porsche? It is not for me to ask since I want what I want and if Harley and Porsche sold what I wanted I would have bought from them, and yes, I did check with them first to see if they had what I wanted. Take a look in your closet, drawers, etc. - if you knew what the people that made most of it were paid or what conditions they worked in would you still buy it? You made you point so now go **** in someone else's thread about something else that bothers you.
Granted, but I don't buy things with the mindset that I don't care if they're stealing.

The following 2 users liked this post by RANGER73:
pgrchaplain (03-22-2019), tar_snake (03-18-2019)

Quick Reply: 1" Bar & Shield Decal?