Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Opinions on seats needed. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1275006-opinions-on-seats-needed.html)

1LargeDog 03-14-2019 09:03 PM

Opinions on seats needed.

I have the chance to buy used either a C&C long legs seat or a LePera Maverick seat. Both are supposed to lower you and move you back at least an inch. Both seats are in excellent condition but not being familiar with either one, I would like some thoughts on either one before I pull the trigger. Im a big guy so some comfort is needed. Stock seat makes me feel cramped.
Thanks

OldEnuf2NoBtr 03-14-2019 09:56 PM

Either one would be an upgrade over the OEM. Buy them both and then re-sell the one you feel isn't your cup of beer! Or keep them both! I personally prefer the C&C seat because it fits my old bony butt better. Your mileage may differ though!

pei_guy 03-15-2019 06:16 AM

Can't speak on the C&C but I have the Maverick Daddy Long Legs and its a big improvement over stock. Felt like I was sitting on the tank before but this one is much better. I'm 6'2'' 300lbs if that helps.

upflying 03-15-2019 08:23 AM

Nothing better than a police solo seat for your FL. If you are a big guy, you want a seat that moves you up, not lower.

wiliturk 03-15-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 18106566)
Nothing better than a police solo seat for your FL. If you are a big guy, you want a seat that moves you up, not lower.

The best seat HD makes.

1LargeDog 03-15-2019 10:31 AM

I’ll redefine big: dr says that I am well nourished. :icon_shrug:

Dwebber18 03-15-2019 10:38 AM

I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam and weigh 280lbs. I have the Maverick long legs seat and I find it to be an improvement on my Road King. I didn't really feel like the seat moved me down any but it definitely moved me back. My hips would get a bit of a pinch after an hour or so on the stock seat and the new one keeps that from happening since me legs stretch out a bit. My butt still goes numb after a few hours so keep that in mind and the extra space I got was scavenged from the passenger and my wife says she is pretty snug on the back with the stock backrest. She is a rather tiny human so a lady of stature may not have enough room on the back with a backrest in place.

1LargeDog 03-15-2019 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dwebber18 (Post 18106974)
I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam and weigh 280lbs. I have the Maverick long legs seat and I find it to be an improvement on my Road King. I didn't really feel like the seat moved me down any but it definitely moved me back. My hips would get a bit of a pinch after an hour or so on the stock seat and the new one keeps that from happening since me legs stretch out a bit. My butt still goes numb after a few hours so keep that in mind and the extra space I got was scavenged from the passenger and my wife says she is pretty snug on the back with the stock backrest. She is a rather tiny human so a lady of stature may not have enough room on the back with a backrest in place.

Thanks, that’s good info. Sitting lower is ok with me as I’m 5’11 but I’m also 350 lbs so sitting back more would be a plus. I can always relocate the trunk back a few inches for my wife. I’m leaning toward the Maverick.

fxdup 03-15-2019 04:27 PM

Another vote for the Maverick. I have the Daytona DDL and wish I'd gotten the Maverick instead. It's a lil more comfy.

CaptainAwesome 03-15-2019 05:51 PM

I have a C&C Sport Tour on my bike, lets just say there is a reason that anyone uses a C&C seat that all they every do in these topics is tell you to get a C&C seat. Top notch and super comfortable. Great people to work with.

My initial review, which hasn't changed after a couple thousand miles:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...nd-c-pics.html