General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She comes home tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Since you acknowledged me, lol, do you know the tensioner prob years? How to know if replaced?

Old 03-15-2019, 06:31 PM
Mikerunsjax
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 237 Posts

Congratulations, but how about some pics.

The following users liked this post:
RhynoRocK (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:38 PM
b bop n bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,909 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Congrats. Welcome to the "waiting for warmer weather club"

RhynoRocK (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:42 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,475 Likes on 3,899 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
Since you acknowledged me, lol, do you know the tensioner prob years? How to know if replaced?
My suggestion would be to start a thread in the " Touring " section . You will no dought get many more responses than you will here . If your talking compensator , then I believe they upgraded them to the screaming eagle in 2012-13 . Before that , they used the same comps that were in the 88's which I believe were to weak in the 96's . Now , I could be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am . I upgraded my comp with only 20km on it . Made a huge difference .

There are tons of threads on this topic , so doing a search will help ... your gonna get many different opinions on this subject ... Good luck !

RhynoRocK (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 07:33 PM
Huskers
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

The only bike I regret selling was my 2011 RKC. They ride so nice.

RhynoRocK (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 07:40 PM
RhynoRocK
Cruiser
Received 98 Likes on 48 Posts

What you just got, is what I'm trying to find a bargain on. Those bikes were meant to drive, and that's EXACTLY what thier owners did.
I watch a YouTuber called SRKcycles. Pretty entertaining. He sells bikes online and all. He says his personal Harley is a RK and it's got 117K on her!?
I need to find out what years had the tensioner probs, AND how to know if the fix has been done.
Gets hard to find really nice shape bikes with alot of age on them. My FXR(I bought new in 91) is in exceptional shape, but looking a lil closer, well, you can see some age.
I know I'm ranting, but I also think I want hard bags on one. There's a couple non Harley/used bike dealers fairly close. I'd like to think if they had a couple of RK, one with hard bags, the other not, that they'd swap em out if need to make the sale. IDK.
CONGRATS AGAIN!
POST PICS!
Agreed. People did with it what it was meant to do. I've watched a handful of videos from SRK. Pretty entertaining.

So far, all I have are pics of it at the dealer before I paid for it. It looks a lot prettier in the photos than in person. The paint isn't as red, and there's a fair amount of deep chips and scuffs. But here she is folks.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:42 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

I was advised somewhere on here ( been talking about a RK winter "steal" for awhile now) that 09 and later we're a lil nicer / larger rear tire, etc.
It wouldn't keep me from buying an earlier one though for sure. I like the looks without the shield on. Believe it or not, I'm 60 and never owned, OR rode a bike with a windshield. I can see the obvious advantages! Hey? Can you actually smoke a cig riding with one?

RhynoRocK (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 07:48 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

FRIGGIN' SAWEET! NICE! I'm jealous as hell. Lol. Hey, If your gonna love on it, I recently found some good stuff for renewing chrome. Takes some elbow grease though. I used it on my '91. It not only cleans semi f'ed up chrome, but brings luster and new shine to the good chrome. It's called BLUE JOB. It's a white powder (don't even think it...) That ya mix with water or quick wax spray into a paste. Try it if you are into it.

RhynoRocK (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 07:49 PM
RhynoRocK
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
No dammit, you aren’t. We deserve an early spring! Plus my ice fishing gear is put away lol. Congrats on the new bike!
RIGHT?!?! OMG this weather has been just oppressive this season, I almost put my tree back up. But then again, that's part of the charm of western NY.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:52 PM
RhynoRocK
Cruiser

FRIGGIN' SAWEET! NICE! I'm jealous as hell. Lol. Hey, If your gonna love on it, I recently found some good stuff for renewing chrome. Takes some elbow grease though. I used it on my '91. It not only cleans semi f'ed up chrome, but brings luster and new shine to the good chrome. It's called BLUE JOB. It's a white powder (don't even think it...) That ya mix with water or quick wax spray into a paste. Try it if you are into it.
And thank you! But once I get her in my garage and get some closeups, you might change your tune. Needs a good amount of TLC.

The chrome stuff, I will definitely look into that. Thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply: She comes home tomorrow!