General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So much hate.... (FXDR, V-ROD, LiveWire, etc...)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 05:12 AM
Gas Smasher
Road Captain

Received 649 Likes on 280 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by GomezAddaams

No dude I get what everyone is saying in here, and to be honest, like I said before, 90% of the folks in the thread, in our Facebook groups, and in real life are awesome... it's that 10% I just don't get, but they are usually the loudest. It's like walking into you favorite bar and that one "guy" wants to talk smack as soon as you sit down. It gets annoying at times, lol.

This originally stemmed from the facebook group as one of our members was getting a ration because he traded in his Fat Bob for an FXDR (Which, exhaust and a few other details not withstanding, the same damn bike)............................
What the hell is Facebook?

Seriously, I don't have a Facebook account and have no desire to. My ex-wife is was on there all the time and she was nothing but a basket case. It's funny, but people look at me like I have 6 eyeballs when I tell them I am not on that stupid ****. Seriously, turn that crap off and enjoy your life in the real world ( as I post this on an internet forum.)

Enjoy your bike. After all, you like it and that's all that matters.

Last edited by Gas Smasher; 03-21-2019 at 05:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gas Smasher:
Long lonesome highwayman (04-11-2019), ole_phart (03-24-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 06:58 AM
GomezAddaams
Cruiser
Received 149 Likes on 65 Posts

Post break in thoughts...

Old 03-23-2019, 07:07 AM
GomezAddaams
Cruiser

From Blockhead on the subject.....

The following users liked this post:
Cossack84 (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 01:17 PM
XXTHESANDMANXX
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

the bike is hot , enjoy it ,if I had that bike I would grin everytime I pull up on old skool Harley riders that hate on the bike ,let the hate flow it would make me stronger .although there are a few things I dont like about the bike and would change , the air filter ,the forward controls and the exhaust ,on a side not the only other bike I like more than this bike (besides my 2018 lowrider )is the fatbob, that is another bad *** looking bike

Old 03-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Wicked bike !

The haters thing, haters = losers. They are so spiteful that your beautiful bike is better than theirs they can't help themselves. Without comment they become irrelevant and that's where their pain is , a fear of irrelevance drives their spite so as to be involved in the conversation any conversation.I just block them so as to deprive them of relevance ..

Peace and ride safe Gomez.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:48 AM
Oilhed
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner
So why not hold off with all the negativity until you get to actually try one?

Yes, it's very expensive, but so is every new Harley.
I AGREE with the first statement!

But not every Harley is very expensive. Some Sportsters and all the XGs are just slightly more than the competition.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:50 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

The main feature HD has going for it is it's "Heritage". HD Heritage is huge, it keeps the company in business, but what is lacking is technology and design. When I first saw the FXDR I was struck by how much it looked like my 1985 Yamaha V-Max. Now HD is also going to build an electric MC. Hopefully they do better than Zero Motorcycles that have been in business for almost 10 yrs with some of the worst sales, and reliability issues imaginable. You just know that the Live Wire is going to short out and turn into a dud.

Before you bought your FXDR did you consider the Ducati Diavel? I didn't think so.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:34 AM
GomezAddaams
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
Before you bought your FXDR did you consider the Ducati Diavel? I didn't think so.
I was not. I was actually waiting for my kawasaki dealer to get a H2 SX SE. Then this was announced and I bought one 3 days later.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Timbo64
Tourer
Received 142 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GomezAddaams
I was not. I was actually waiting for my kawasaki dealer to get a H2 SX SE. Then this was announced and I bought one 3 days later.
What made you go with the Harley instead of waiting on the Kawasaki?
I think both bikes are cool as hell and will make you smile when you twist the throttle, but they are pretty different types of motorcycles in terms of speed and handling.

Cycle World: 2018 H2 SX SE
1/4 mile 10.04 seconds at 144 mph.
Zero-to-60 mph: 2.98 seconds
Zero-to 100 mph: 5.37 seconds.

Hell, I'd love to have a FXDR and a H2 in my garage if I had the $$$$.

Last edited by Timbo64; 04-06-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:38 PM
GomezAddaams
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Timbo64
What made you go with the Harley instead of waiting on the Kawasaki?
I think both bikes are cool as hell and will make you smile when you twist the throttle, but they are pretty different types of motorcycles in terms of speed and handling.
Hell, I'd love to have a FXDR and a H2 in my garage if I had the $$$$.
Well, it's interesting. Coming from a ZX-10R, and as I am getting older, I wanted something a little more comfortable but yet still had power. Granted the H2 line is definitely that, but to be honest I had been eyeing HD for a bit (Rented a VROD a few years ago just to test the waters). But even the VROD with bags pretty much looked the same from HD offerings... Chrome pipes, bags, etc.

When I saw the FXDR, I fell in love instantly.It is ugly, but has a bit of personality. It's asymmetrical in it's styling, and looks completely diffrent (even than a Ducati Diavel). It's aggressive in it's styling, and when I rode it, 2nd gear and I became best friends.

Sure I had to tweak it a bit. rotated the clip ons back, changed out the mirrors, but once it settled in, it's just a hoot for me to ride. And you should see what folks are doing with this bike, I may just keep it stock so that there is an example of what one looks like from HD. Guys and gals that are buying it (I know two women that own one), are loving it.

But yes, it also came down to money as well. insurance on a FXDR is cheaper than an H2 (even though they are similarly priced) But yeah, to have both of them in the garage, would be a hoot.

And when you roll up to a bike hangout, you definitely get looks

The following 2 users liked this post by GomezAddaams:
LexM (04-07-2019), nevada72 (04-06-2019)

Quick Reply: So much hate.... (FXDR, V-ROD, LiveWire, etc...)