Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Chat
Reload this Page >

So much hate.... (FXDR, V-ROD, LiveWire, etc...)

Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So much hate.... (FXDR, V-ROD, LiveWire, etc...)

Old Today, 02:40 PM
dceggert
Senior Rider

Originally Posted by kap1 View Post
Hang in there until the Pan American comes out. Folks will forget about the FXDR and start on it.
Kinda sorta is the end of the world just talking about it. The only one missing from the death throes of the MoCo so far is that 'Custom' model with the wide Fat Bob style headlight. Too much fun with the Livewire, Pan America, and Street Fighter to notice that other new snake in the grass....

Old Today, 03:42 PM
GomezAddaams
One Of The Regulars

Hang in there until the Pan American comes out. Folks will forget about the FXDR and start on it.
I'll probably get one of those as well.. 😊

Old Today, 03:59 PM
nevada72
Extreme HDF Member
Thanked 4,326 Times in 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
You have not looked at or ridden the 'competition' have you? Look at one of those 20k zeros, then look at a Versys 300. They are about the same size bike. By saying the Zero is a better choice is like saying a Versys 300 is a better choice over anything else of more stature. This is not an apples to oranges conversation except for the people that keep throwing Zero into the equation and saying it is better.

Now let me ask; are you going to buy a Livewire? I din't think so. Are you going to buy a Zero? If not then I have another question...for all the Yamahondakawazukis and Ducati's, BMW's, and every other brand of bike on the planet why are YOU not calling gasoline Harley's all ugly, failures, overpriced, etc? People are lining up to pile on Harley for making the Livewire but not a one is even interested in it. Why is that? Why over and over again in multiple threads are the same people bashing the Livewire and the other new bikes as the end of the company. Do people just want to see their handle in print or something? Why is this?
I didn't say the Zero is a "better" choice. And I said that it would be hard to compare E-bikes right now because the Livewire isn't out , and the other makers are releasing new, improved models. - did you miss that part? I'm judging it at face value - Harley Davidson, a company regarded by many as making overpriced, outdated bikes, releases the most expensive E-bike on the market. And from what I'm told by those who understand and know EV technology, it's not even the latest greatest EV technology.

So "no", wait, lets make that a resounding and emphatic "NO! - I will not buy the Livewire." Why? Because it's overpriced!! Would I buy an EV bike of any kind? Sure. If it was at the right price point and had the right performance, I would consider one.

As far as why are people lining up to bash the Livewire - because it's so bashable! You're one of the few that seems to embrace it's arrival. Great - are YOU going to buy one? I didn't think so.

You seem to lump me in with "the same people". I never said the Livewire, or any other bike was going to make or break the Moco. The Livewire is their first step into the EV market and I'm sure they will have better offerings that make more sense in the future. So I applaud their foray into EV vehicles. I truly believe it isn't if, but when we no longer drive/ride ICE vehicles. As far as the FXDR, I've said I don't hate it. Good for them thinking outside the box a little. But again, I feel it's too expensive. I would buy a BMW or KTM over that bike in a New York minute and put the other $4k in my pocket for hookers and blow.

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner View Post
So why not hold off with all the negativity until you get to actually try one?
Yes, it's very expensive, but so is every new Harley. Personally, i think the Livewire looks far better than any of the competition, but i don't really think it was designed to compete. It's a limited model from a luxury brand and it will sell to those it's marketed at.
Because all of my negativity is based on the price. I don't need to wait because no matter how good it is - it's too expensive. I guess I just don't understand the confusion.

The Following User Says Thank You to nevada72 For This Useful Post:
shorelasHD (Today)
Old Today, 04:44 PM
Keithhu
Extreme HDF Member

I actually like what I see of the Pan America, looks pretty cool. But I'd say that it doesnt seem differentiated from bikes in a similar class from other manufacturers. Point is Harley needs to *differentiate* in order to attract *new* customers, which they desperately need to do.

Just offering something that looks similar but for more money and less performance wont cut it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Keithhu For This Useful Post:
nevada72 (Today)
Old Today, 04:52 PM
nevada72
Extreme HDF Member
Thanked 4,326 Times in 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu View Post
I actually like what I see of the Pan America, looks pretty cool. But I'd say that it doesnt seem differentiated from bikes in a similar class from other manufacturers. Point is Harley needs to *differentiate* in order to attract *new* customers, which they desperately need to do.

Just offering something that looks similar but for more money and less performance wont cut it.
I didn't want to get jumped again by mentioning my skepticism on the Pan America. I will definitely hold criticism until I see and ride one. Much like I did with the FXDR.

But here's the thing, the Adventure market is huge with some very serious players. I don't know who the Pan America is made for. Is it an Adventure bike for the Harley faithful? Is it an Adventure bike meant to go head to head against the likes of the BMW GS? I guess time will tell.

Believe me - I would be thrilled if the company, located 20 miles from my door, the one that employs friends of mine, made a world class adventure bike. But I'm skeptical.

Old Today, 06:52 PM
GomezAddaams
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by nevada72 View Post
As far as the FXDR, I've said I don't hate it. Good for them thinking outside the box a little. But again, I feel it's too expensive. I would buy a BMW or KTM over that bike in a New York minute and put the other $4k in my pocket for hookers and blow.
You, my friend, won the internet today, lol.

And yes I agree, the FXDR IS expensive (As I have stated in this thread and others), but for ME, was worth every penny.

The one thing I do give the MoCO (Did I say that right ?), is the options... there are so many variants of the same style of riding (FXDR, Breakout, Fat Bob, as examples) that you have variety in the lines, compared to other manufacturers who may only have one or two types (especially in their cruiser lines)

Old Today, 07:09 PM
shorelasHD
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by NOMOREWORK View Post
Gomez I applaud you for not following the pack mentality that is sometimes displayed on this site. You know what you like and what appeals to you, that bike is not my style but I don't dislike it, and I don't make the payments so my opinion should mean nothing to you. Drive it and enjoy the hell out of it !!!
Yea, this pretty much sums it up. But, having a Road King and Heritage for comfortable cruising, and not one but two literbikes for when I feel the need for speed, the FXDR just doesn't cut it, especially for that inflated MSRP.

In all fairness, the FXDR looks much much better in person than on it's photos, but I'll pass, thanks. YMMV!

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: