General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your thots on steel-toe boots

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 12:25 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,118 Likes on 2,674 Posts

My sneaks are 4eee. Tough to find steel toe boots where the toe box is wide enough. Always cuts in.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:00 AM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

Cold toes in winter.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:26 AM
Don Michigan
Cruiser
Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

Found some nice steel toe boots

The following users liked this post:
GoofySB (03-27-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 09:45 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,225 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Now we're actually getting close to what a THOT is...

Old 03-23-2019, 11:02 AM
A&F
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I just assumed it is common core spelling.
THOT - THAT HOE OVER THERE

"Yo man, check out that THOT"

"Dude, she nothing but an eTHOT"

eTHOT - Internet That Hoe Over There, aka E Girl - aka Tax evading scammers that get teenage boys to paypal them money for them to show their ***** on SnapChat and Twitch.

THOT can also mean Terrible Hoe or Terrible Hot, like she be trying to act like a hoe and sexy but doing a poor job at it and just looking all trashy.

Old 02-28-2021, 05:50 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Bump. I was considering a steel toe boot. This thread has left me undecided, but some may find it useful.

I don’t dress like a pirate, but I probably don’t want a dedicated motorcycle boot, because they look goofy when you’re not on the bike. I will take a look at them, again.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:08 AM
slughill
Road Captain
Received 339 Likes on 175 Posts

I wear black Harley work boots (steel toe). Comfortable and I’m not overly concerned about a one in a billon accident that cuts your toes off. 99.9% rest 0f the time there probably safer.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:13 AM
Balladromic
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 213 Posts

My composite boots. I wear knee high socks. I can't stand the boot rubbing my calf.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:30 AM
Balladromic
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by A&F
THOT
Thoth was the God-of-Wisdom. It was Thaut who "taught man to speak distinctly" our word thought is derived from The God, Thot.

The word thought is tooth said backwards. The fang of the Sacred Asp was the original "wisdom tooth." Thoth was the god of wisdom and learning. The name Thoth is composed of Th+th, tooth + tooth. The letter H derives its sound from the sigh of the wind. The th sound is a compound of the tooth of the asp and the sigh of the wind. The th sound is another version of the hiss of the asp. The name of Isis is composed of Hiss Hiss, two hisses of the Sacred Asp. The name of Thoth is composed of Hith Hith, two hisses of the Sacred Asp with a soft th tooth+wind sound instead of a hard S

"Other forms of the name ḏḥwty using older transcriptions include Jehuti, Jehuty, Tahuti, Tehuti, Zehuti, Techu, or Tetu.
The
Egyptian pronunciation of ḏḥwty is not fully known, but may be reconstructed as *ḏiḥautī, perhaps pronounced *[t͡ʃʼi.ˈħau.tʰiː] or *[ci.ˈħau.tʰiː]. This reconstruction is based on the Ancient Greek borrowing Thōth (Θώθ[tʰɔːtʰ]) or Theut and the fact that the name was transliterated into Sahidic Coptic variously as ⲑⲟⲟⲩⲧThoout, ⲑⲱⲑThōth, ⲑⲟⲟⲧThoot, ⲑⲁⲩⲧThaut, Taautos (Τααυτος), Thoor (Θωωρ), as well as Bohairic CopticⲑⲱⲟⲩⲧThōout."

Thoth his power symbol the Ibis.
That isn't chicken scratch.

As the God-of-Science he's tech in technology, the tic in mathematics etc...

As the Keeper-of-Time and counter of the stars he's the Tec~Thot of the clock.

Osiris and the Egyptian Resurrection.
1 Book I, Chap. 14.
"Osiris(Assur) held Hermes (Egyptian, Thoth) in high honour, because of his ingenuity and power of quick invention. Hermes taught men to speak distinctly, he gave names to things which possessed none before, he invented letters, and instituted the worship of the gods, he invented arithmetic, music, and sculpture, and formulated a system of astronomy. He was the confidential scribe of Osiris, who invariably accepted his advice upon all matters."

Old 02-28-2021, 06:54 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,547 Likes on 3,057 Posts

The pickup truck ran the stop sign (came out from behind a building on the corner, from my right,) It happened so fast that I never touched my brakes. I hit him on his left rear wheel well at 50 mph and the bike jacked to the right, pinning my right leg between the motor and the truck bed before tossing me over the pickup into the intersection on the far side.Can you see where the steel toe starts? I suffered 3 broken metatarsal bones but the toes are all still there. All my casual/work shoes are steel toe.

Quick Reply: Your thots on steel-toe boots