General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Educate me on CVO dealing

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 07:33 PM
Matt68061
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, Thanks for all the info and opinions. Just to clarify...this is my 6th new Harley purchase and about 15th bike as an adult overall. (Not counting all the Z50's, CT70's, KX125's of my youth ��)

I have just been out of the loop for quite awhile...5 kids finally all outta the house...own my own business. Real world, you know? Kinda wanted to know how deals were going more recently and what the market like for them.

I have done the customization thing on other bikes. Its a blast and obviously why people love these machines. In this case, I just happen to really like the CVO and wouldnt need to throw much more at it. Yes, they are crazy expensive...but as others chimed in...you cant spend it when youre gone.

And I didnt anywhere in my post say I did not RIDE the Ultra. I said it just had low miles. In Nebraska we dont have the weather 12 months a year to get out. It gets ridden every other night in the summer. Might just be 20 miles down the road to grab a meal and beer and back.

Again...I appreciate the responses. Might slide over to the dealer this weekend and feel em out. Been on the floor since well before Christmas.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:38 PM
PaulHog1
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just paid $38k for a new CVO street glide. I don't know if that's a great deal, but I felt good about it. I think the deals are out there and now is a good time to buy as bikes aren't moving that well...at least here in the Northeast.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:02 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

If you're happy, it was a great deal

Old 03-21-2019, 11:39 PM
Stingray702
Road Master
Received 486 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt68061
First, Thanks for all the info and opinions. Just to clarify...this is my 6th new Harley purchase and about 15th bike as an adult overall. (Not counting all the Z50's, CT70's, KX125's of my youth ��)

I have just been out of the loop for quite awhile...5 kids finally all outta the house...own my own business. Real world, you know? Kinda wanted to know how deals were going more recently and what the market like for them.

I have done the customization thing on other bikes. Its a blast and obviously why people love these machines. In this case, I just happen to really like the CVO and wouldnt need to throw much more at it. Yes, they are crazy expensive...but as others chimed in...you cant spend it when youre gone.

And I didnt anywhere in my post say I did not RIDE the Ultra. I said it just had low miles. In Nebraska we dont have the weather 12 months a year to get out. It gets ridden every other night in the summer. Might just be 20 miles down the road to grab a meal and beer and back.

Again...I appreciate the responses. Might slide over to the dealer this weekend and feel em out. Been on the floor since well before Christmas.
Good luck man! I hope they give you a good deal! You're gonna love it! I love mine!

Old 03-22-2019, 01:30 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,479 Likes on 2,478 Posts

"Way to come in and crap all over mans post with your irrelevant opinion. Didn’t we just have a post about haters?"

First of all...BITE my butt cheek. Yea; the one with the boil on it.
Secondly...Dickey has a rep for speaking the truth when giving his opinion, whether or not is is popular opinion. Want me to lie & say how much I love CVOs & what a great resale value they have? If not, then STFU.

Last edited by dickey; 03-22-2019 at 01:32 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by dickey:
Fast66 (03-22-2019), tar_snake (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 06:17 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,190 Likes on 5,617 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
"Way to come in and crap all over mans post with your irrelevant opinion. Didn’t we just have a post about haters?"

First of all...BITE my butt cheek. Yea; the one with the boil on it.
Secondly...Dickey has a rep for speaking the truth when giving his opinion, whether or not is is popular opinion. Want me to lie & say how much I love CVOs & what a great resale value they have? If not, then STFU.
Seems like he struck a nerve.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:38 AM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32,998 Likes on 12,901 Posts

the current year's crop of CVO colors and options is stellar, I don't see making a bad choice between any of them.

Enjoy and good luck

Old 03-22-2019, 07:52 AM
greggreen
Cruiser
Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts

IMHO, Harley almost always gets it right when they produce a CVO. These bikes are designed by professional stylists and engineers to appeal to the masses even though they’re produced in small quantities. On the other hand a lot of people buy a regular bike and modify it to suit their individual taste. These mods are many times done poorly or just plain look wrong and don’t stand the test of time. They almost never add value to the bike as the owner finds to their chagrin come resale or trade in time. In the collecter bike and car world what vehicles bring the most dollars at auction time? Almost always it’s the original unmodified vehicles and usually the top trim levels. I find that people who diss the CVO's either can’t afford one or just plain won’t part with the money. In the future I believe the CVO's of today will be the prized collector bikes of tomorrow (even though I may not live to see it).

Disclaimer: Its your money. Buy the bike you want. Mod it or not as you see fit.

Also: One sure way to throw away your money is to buy a CVO and radically mod it.

Last edited by greggreen; 03-22-2019 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:05 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 961 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossack84
Way to come in and crap all over mans post with your irrelevant opinion. Didn’t we just have a post about haters?
Oh waaaahhhh. Sounds like you get butthurt easily. Do you carry around your Pocket-Insta-Crying-Space®©™?

Old 03-22-2019, 08:06 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by greggreen
Also: One sure way to throw away your money is to buy a CVO and radically mod it.

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (04-28-2019)

Quick Reply: Educate me on CVO dealing