General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Blind leading the Blind. HD appoints their first Brand President.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
I always get a kick out of watching all these Harley owners bash Harley. And then go throw a leg over their Harley. Lol!
I love my Harley. But it’s a 2003. The only new bikes that appeal to me are CVOs, and I’m not spending $43k for a new bike.

I should be able to get a bike that looks nice, and doesn’t need any mods for $25k. I would like someone who started out on the trashy side in charge of branding. I guess he was a punk rocker/artist in his youth, so hopefully he has the biker gene.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

I always get a kick out of watching all these Harley owners bash Harley. And then go throw a leg over their Harley. Lol!
I buy cause American made and easy to work on. I don't care for all the yuppies and the guys decked out head to underoos in HD logos.

I got no problem calling Harley out, I wish more owners would too.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I would like someone who started out on the trashy side in charge of branding. I guess he was a punk rocker/artist in his youth, so hopefully he has the biker gene.
I wish the would get someone designs shirts with stuff other than loonie toons carton characters. I will walk buy the rack, but just doesn't interest me. How about something more edgy. That and I am too cheap to buy a t-shirt for $$. Maybe I am caught in the 80s.

The following users liked this post:
iamcmf99 (04-18-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 10:18 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

An oldie but goodie! There are several in the "Bad Boy Brad" series.

2wheelwanderer (04-07-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 05:37 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuJ8U9iexo

Fatboy Brian (10-26-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 06:05 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,381 Likes on 2,486 Posts

I have been, "bashing", Harley since long before I could afford my first one. If an owner, rider, enthusiast can't make negative comments, especially regarding sales and design, then who can? Someone with no real interest?

Old 04-06-2019, 06:13 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,381 Likes on 2,486 Posts

If the ne position is responsible for all aspects of the brand and reports directly to the CEO, just what is the CEO being paid for?

Harley has chosen some seriously bad leadership, in the not too distant years. People who refused, despite the man suggestions, complaints and ideas, presented by riders and owners, who were trying to get an entry level bike. Harley could have been building an inexpensive, entry level, Harley identifiable 250 CC bike, for the past 15 or more years. They were asked to, they were advised to. But their leadership not only said no, they said NEVER! A good looking, Harley style 250, followed by an even nicer 500, would have been the perfect lineup to get and keep buyers. You reap what you sow and Harley sowed a lot of rotten oats.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,312 Likes on 3,302 Posts

Bad Boy Brad is hysterical.

I do not think on it's a bad thing that Harley is trying to step up marketing efforts to increase sales. I hope it works.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:56 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,512 Likes on 1,301 Posts

It is not the Harley you think you know. It is a medium sized corporation run by accountants and spread sheets. Motorcycles, motorcycling, and history mean nothing in today's world. It is run by hired help, and are replaceable, but the damage is done. Yet, we act like we believe the old Harley is still there, hidden behind some policy or new model offering. It is not there. A new Harley may be there, but I doubt this leadership is interested in finding it.

Look at other American brands that failed to innovate, change. Kodak had digital technology long before others developed it, but hung onto film as it seemed so profitable.

All I can say is that, if it were my company, I would be doing things a lot different.

Bama Lee (04-11-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 09:27 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I love my Harley. But it’s a 2003. The only new bikes that appeal to me are CVOs, and I’m not spending $43k for a new bike.

I should be able to get a bike that looks nice, and doesn’t need any mods for $25k. I would like someone who started out on the trashy side in charge of branding. I guess he was a punk rocker/artist in his youth, so hopefully he has the biker gene.
I would much prefer someone with some Tech smarts in charge of designing today’s motorcycles, vice some SOA wannabe ******** who thinks a springer front end is the bee’s knees.

Cossack84 (04-08-2019)

Quick Reply: The Blind leading the Blind. HD appoints their first Brand President.