General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Rules/Responsibility?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 12:07 AM
DC4MVP
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default New passenger advice?

I was talking to my good friend today. He finally convinced his old lady to jump on his bike (her dad went down as a kid and got pretty banged up so that scared her off). They're both a bit nervous.

We were discussing some of the things we like our passengers to do while the bike is parked and in motion (no, no....not reach arounds.....).For example, I didn't let anyone on my bike without proper clothing I also like my passengers to do deer watch and give me an extra set of eyes down the woody roads especially near dusk. Not too far in the bag after a few bar stops. Things that come naturally when you have a veteran passenger.

What are some things you'd tell a new passenger that doesn't have a lot of seat time? Maybe "rules" of sorts for passengers for lack of a better term?

Last edited by DC4MVP; 04-06-2019 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:16 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Rules? This is either going to go off the rails with the laughter, or maybe a bunch of other guys with sticks up their bums.

Sure dressed right, and keep your feet in. But I don't require a co pilot. If you ride enough with the right woman it happens. But not as likely with rules.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Mmmhoss
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
Rules? This is either going to go off the rails with the laughter, or maybe a bunch of other guys with sticks up their bums.

Sure dressed right, and keep your feet in. But I don't require a co pilot. If you ride enough with the right woman it happens. But not as likely with rules.
Yeah, let's go be free on our bike, but first I got rules that are dumb as crap, but neglected to mention anything useful, like don't move around on the bike, at the wrong time.
Don't ever scream in the middle of a serious maneuver.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:27 AM
DC4MVP
Tourer

Originally Posted by Zerk

"Rules" is quite a harsh term. Shouldn't have used it.

I'm talking more in terms of advice for riders with new passengers. Things to tell the new passenger when in parking lots, slower speeds, at a stop, etc. For example, no big movements/shifting of weight when the bike is in slower speeds, no panicing....

Last edited by DC4MVP; 04-06-2019 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:41 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Chemistry develops with a good partner. Need to be carful not to suck the fun out of it, but also need to be responsible.

When we started jeans and boots. Most was just riding together, "don't do that." But she has to have the common sense to start.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,163 Likes on 6,216 Posts

Do not get on or off without checking with me first.

No sudden shifts in weight, particularly while going around a curve or turning.

No screaming in fear or panic.

Do not try to pull me off the bike while we are moving because you think you see something dangerous or something that scares you.

Maintain some kind of body contact so I know you are still there and ok. It does not matter if it is hands, ****, legs, or what as long as I know you didn't fall off, particularly if you are small and skinny.

Try to maintain control of your head and torso so that the front of your helmet doesn't hit the back of mine when we are stopping.

Do not put your feet down. It is normal for the bike to lean in curves.

Please take advantage of restrooms when we stop for gas and food.

Do not try to kiss me with your full face helmet on.

I listed all of these because this is the type of bullshit I have experienced with various women passengers.

The following 4 users liked this post by Prot:
DanHappy (04-08-2019), IzzoQuazzo (04-08-2019), Pix (04-06-2019), Zedbra (04-06-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 12:46 AM
Malazan
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

That’s funny, kissing with the helmet on

Old 04-06-2019, 01:09 AM
Phil13
Road Master
Received 1,625 Likes on 576 Posts

Delete, Prot beat me to it.

Last edited by Phil13; 04-06-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:10 AM
Blackdog.tx
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No rules here... who am I stop a naked hottie for riding me on a hot bike...

For the record I did feel terrible.... but satisfied! I do carry 'complimentary' chaps now....

Last edited by Blackdog.tx; 04-06-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:27 AM
DC4MVP
Tourer

Originally Posted by Blackdog.tx
No rules here... who am I stop a naked hottie for riding me on a hot bike...

For the record I did feel terrible, so I do carry 'complimentary' chaps now
Almost in the same ballpark....

A riding buddy of mine take a bar fly for a ride. She had a skirt or dress or those short short jeans on. Something where the thigh is showing

Not sure if it was a piece of debris or a jagged rock or whatever that was kicked up from the car in front.....gave her a nice bloody cut about 3-4 inches above her knee. Nothing major....no stitches but that's when I decided no shorts!

Quick Reply: Passenger Rules/Responsibility?