General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boardtracker HD Closed

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 06:31 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Boardtracker HD

I ordered an accessory from Boardtracker HD over a month ago. Got an email from them today saying they didn't have a ship date for my item and that I could cancel my order for a full refund due to the delay. They said the delay is due to a legal battle between HD corporate and the owner of Boardtracker HD. HD corporate is not shipping parts to them until the dispute is settled. My guess is the mothership is tired of these online "dealers" low-balling corporate and the brick and mortar dealers on parts and accessories. If so, can't say that I blame them but competition is a good thing, unless you are HD corporate.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:33 PM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Yea, there's a thread in here about it somewhere.

The following users liked this post:
PopsHD (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 06:34 PM
Sierra Nate
Road Master
Received 642 Likes on 260 Posts

My guess is the mothership is tired of any dealer not paying them according to the terms of their agreement...since that's what the legal paperwork said.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:34 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by PopsHD
They said the delay is due to a legal battle between HD corporate and the owner of Boardtracker HD. HD corporate is not shipping parts to them until the dispute is settled. My guess is the mothership is tired of these online "dealers" low-balling corporate and the brick and mortar dealers on parts and accessories. If so, can't say that I blame them but competition is a good thing, unless you are HD corporate.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...site-down.html

Old 03-19-2019, 08:26 PM
pld578
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I guess Karma is a bitch for Boardtracker HD. Their online sales which undermine sales for the rest of the dealer network hopefully will come to an end when the Motor Company terminates their dealership. F-k em.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:41 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

wait, what? am I understanding correctly that you want a dealership that is discounting prices to the average joe to go **** up? are you actually advocating higher prices for all? please tell me I am misunderstanding what you said.

The following 4 users liked this post by skratch:
fxdup (03-20-2019), Mark out West (03-20-2019), nibroc (03-20-2019), piper59 (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 06:44 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

It's not that they undercut everyone else it is because they didn't pay the bill to the MoCo. Get your refund back now.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:47 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
wait, what? am I understanding correctly that you want a dealership that is discounting prices to the average joe to go **** up? are you actually advocating higher prices for all? please tell me I am misunderstanding what you said.
Must be a dealer!

Old 03-20-2019, 07:00 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,767 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
I would expect any business that doesn’t pay its suppliers according to the terms they agreed to get cut off regardless of how they discount for customers. All corporations have rules,follow them.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:17 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

They're being sued for somewhere around 6 million dollars. Don't pay your receivables, sooner or later they'll stop fronting you merchandise.

I guess Karma is a bitch for Boardtracker HD. Their online sales which undermine sales for the rest of the dealer network hopefully will come to an end when the Motor Company terminates their dealership. F-k em.
So you also want Surdyke, and the other dealers selling at a discount off of MSRP to fail? For offering a better price to their customers? WOW. Just WOW. I don't know what margins are on HD parts, accessories, and the like, but presumably it's healthy enough that the online discount sellers are still making a profit after discounting some +/- 20%. This ISN'T what has Boardtracker on the ropes.

Last edited by Brewmany; 03-20-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Boardtracker HD Closed