General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...and it begins

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:42 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,743 Likes on 6,191 Posts
Default ...and it begins

Had an hour or two to kill before meeting the family for Easter brunch yesterday, so I thought I would take my bagger out for a spin. I wanted to check out my new shocks, and make sure that I had indeed fixed the small relay issue I had last week. I came up to an intersection with a gas station on the corner. There were two guys on Harleys in the driveway waiting to pull out. The light in front of me was red, several cars ahead of me, and nothing coming the other way, so I slowed early to let them in front of me. I've been in that station before, and you can sit there a long time trying to get out.

Right away, the MF'er (hereafter known as "ME FIRST") a-hole behind me starts laying on the horn, like he's really upset that I let them in, The two guys nodded at me and quickly jumped into the lane in front of me. At that moment, the light changed to green and we all started moving. They made a right turn and MF'er and I went straight. No harm, no foul. MF'er did drop back a good distance from me for the next five miles. Welcome to riding season in No. IL. At any rate, I'm proud of myself for not reacting badly to MF'er.

Last edited by RHPAW; 04-22-2019 at 11:55 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RHPAW:
5wheels (04-24-2019), Cajun4x4 (04-23-2019), CrBear (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 4,603 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Cage drivers are getting worse for sure, it's all about them. I get stressed riding in traffic because of people on their phones while driving, aggressive drivers trying to be first and not looking before changing lanes. I was driving in town on a 5 lane major artery close to my home and a driver came into my lane without looking causing me to go into the turning lane. I honked at them and they flipped me off.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:52 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

Should’ve stabbed them

The following 2 users liked this post by SWFLGuy:
89Speedy (05-01-2019), chico08 (04-24-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Gilman
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Out for a spin last week decided to hit the highway for a stretch to test out new (lower) windshield. Merged into traffic from ramp and made my way to left lane. Crusin along at a nice clip. Light traffic, when for no apparent reason, cager in middle lane swerves left into my lane. No turn signal, no slow merge, just boom done. Luckily I had enough distance to react and proceed safely. She then went back into middle lane and I cruised by. I waved a special salute as I went by.......

Old 04-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,819 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Two cars blew a stop sign, on two separate days this past week. Of course as I was just pulling away from my stop. All this 100-yards from my house.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:48 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

People just suck at driving, its getting worse and worse and drivers are getting more impatient as the days go by. I was at a light yesterday in my car (family outing for easter) and the light had just turned red so I knew i would be there a minute. I put my car in neutral to wait and as soon as it turned green I clutched in to go to first before I could even get it in gear the driver behind me was on the horn.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:23 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,079 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Meh, that's just a normal occurrence in my neck of the woods....Houston/Sugar Land/Missouri City area and the traffic just continues to get worse every month.

Just sayin'....................

Old 04-22-2019, 02:31 PM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 44,418 Likes on 16,302 Posts

Originally Posted by shodown220
People just suck at driving, its getting worse and worse and drivers are getting more impatient as the days go by. I was at a light yesterday in my car (family outing for easter) and the light had just turned red so I knew i would be there a minute. I put my car in neutral to wait and as soon as it turned green I clutched in to go to first before I could even get it in gear the driver behind me was on the horn.
If true, you were distracted driving collateral damage.

It seems there's always a few cars that when the light changes are using their phone, completely oblivious to the light change. It happens at nearly every light now. I personally give the a "get off the smart phone" honk.

Were you really not using your phone or distracted in some other way?

Old 04-22-2019, 03:00 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

It's a reflection of life in general nowadays ! People rushing everywhere, don't want others in front of them, I wish I could go back to when I was a teen when politeness was the order of the day, and not just on the road !...b.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:01 PM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

I ride like everybody is out to get me. Some days it seems like they really are.

The following users liked this post:
5wheels (04-24-2019)

Quick Reply: ...and it begins